Sign in to follow this  
Bob_the_K

Unknown weather related error in server .rpt

Question

I'm running the latest Arma3 and ChernasrusRedux. along with ExtDB3 and RyansZombies.   That's it so far.   But I'm getting this error in my server.rpt:

Spoiler

17:44:55 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_storeparamsvalues_data
17:44:55 Error in expression < rain) * ((daytime factor [0.79, 0.88]) , (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
17:44:55   Error position: <, (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
17:44:55   Error Missing )

I've checked all the override and cfg files (and some of the core server files) but cannot find an expression even close to that referenced.   I'm guessing the formula is missing a parenthesis.  Anyone have any idea which file may be throwing the error?

6 answers to this question

Have you done something different in your @exileserver\exile_server_config\config.cpp under "class Weather"?
Are you using a weather script?

Edited by aussie battler
  • Like 1

Hello @Bob_the_K,

@aussie battler poses some good questions.  It would APPEAR that you have a syntax error somewhere.

Use this below.  While it will not tell you WHERE it is, it will help you 'run it down' as well as find other errors that you have that will show up once this error is cleared up.

Use this on ALL of your files in your mission folder.  It would not hurt on your server config file either.  Do note, while the error may be coming from 'line 37', the ACTUAL ERROR is on 'line 22'.

:)

• Like 2

Advertisement

I'm going to run the syntax checker - just haven't had time yet.  I do use custom weather key frames in my exile_server_config\config.cpp file but use the same ones on all my servers  and have for some time now.  I just copy/paste.  I haven't changed the temperature coefficients in config.cpp in the missions folder and am not running a weather script on any of my servers.  I'm  using Notepad ++ and didn't find any parenthesis or bracket mismatches yet.    I also compared those files to the same files on one of my servers that I had working (before I changed maps).  I didn't find anything obvious in the weather-related files between the two but as you point out, the error could actually be somewhere else.  We'll see what a more thorough syntax checking shows up.

IF they work on 'server a' and you copy and paste onto 'server b', to me, this means 4 things:

#1 - you THOUGHT you copied the (example) the whole line, but missed one character

#2 - 'server b' had a 'pre-existing' issue and the newly added scripts only 'amplified' this error

#3 - you have some mod running on 'server b' that you did NOT have on 'server a' that is causing conflicts (HIGHLY unlikely based on error message)

#4 - combination of all of the above

I can think of no other reasons why it would work on one server but not another.

Good luck!

:)

Spoiler
On 11/14/2018 at 12:44 AM, Bob_the_K said:

I'm running the latest Arma3 and ChernasrusRedux. along with ExtDB3 and RyansZombies.   That's it so far.   But I'm getting this error in my server.rpt:

Hide contents

17:44:55 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_storeparamsvalues_data
17:44:55 Error in expression < rain) * ((daytime factor [0.79, 0.88]) , (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
17:44:55   Error position: <, (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
17:44:55   Error Missing )

I've checked all the override and cfg files (and some of the core server files) but cannot find an expression even close to that referenced.   I'm guessing the formula is missing a parenthesis.  Anyone have any idea which file may be throwing the error?

c/p from Exile Discord

Spoiler

10:48 PM]Brenner650:

Hi, anyone familiar with ChernarusRedux error

22:42:50 Error in expression < rain) * ((daytime factor [0.79, 0.88]) , (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
22:42:50   Error position: <, (daytime factor [0.25, 0.17]))>
22:42:50   Error Missing )

[10:49 PM]Brenner650:

I did not edit it, downloaded from workshop

[10:49 PM]Brenner650:

in chernarusredux_c\config.bin

1:10 PM]yukihito23@Brenner650 thanks for bringing this up, fixed it on our end for next release

seen this error on live server i was helping with, then created new server locally, there was no error in 1st rpt, but in 2nd it appeared, then used text crawler to narrow the search to addons\chernarusredux_c\config.bin, and asked on Discord.

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 3

I see the exact line now.... in looking at the other daytime factor lines in the same file, there's a difference in the parentheses.   So it's not something we can fix.  I guess we wait for the next release.  Good detective work, Brenner!

• Like 1

Advertisement