Anthonym1989

Issue with advance traim simulator

13 posts in this topic

@Anthonym1989

I had it on tanoa ....... works pretty fine.

To install it:

Load the mod on your server root dir ( @Advanced Train Simulator )

Change your commandline to something like this: "-mod:@Exile;@Advanced Train Simulator"

Thats it.

Nothing in your mission or something else.

Edited by Anhor

Advertisement

YOU must place the train/cars on the track with the editor.  In the Tanoa map, there are there BY DEFAULT.

YOU must use the editor and place them MANUALLY.

I would highly suggest that you TEST the trains can run on the tracks/placed properly BEFORE saying 'it is done'.

;)

On the DEFAULT Chernarus map, they were NO train engines (to my best memory).  Even if they did exist, the add-on MUST recognize them AND they MUST be 'moveable' and NOT a 'static' object.

:)

4 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

On the DEFAULT Chernarus map, they were NO train engines (to my best memory).  Even if they did exist, the add-on MUST recognize them AND they MUST be 'moveable' and NOT a 'static' object.

:)

This is what Advanced Train Simulator does ....... regonize the class name and make it moveable. When I used this on Tanoa it takes some seconds till you can move the trains.

NOT if the object is STATIC.  It will NOT move.  A static object is like a tree or a house - IT IS PART OF THE MAP!

You see the EXACT SAME THING in Exile with the traders.  Stuff sitting around that you can NOT USE!  Why?  BECAUSE THEY ARE STATIC!

I will put it this way:

You came in here and asked why, I answered.  And it is a VALID ANSWER THAT WORKS.  Put a train down and it will move.  If you know so much, then why are you in here?

You were given an answer and a solution.  You do not like it or agree with it?  That is YOUR CHOICE.

I shall not offer any more suggestions nor comments on this subject.

Good luck with your solution.

Edited by Z80CPU

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

NOT if the object is STATIC.  It will NOT move.  A static object is like a tree or a house - IT IS PART OF THE MAP!

I don't want to claim anything I don't know for sure.  But in my opinion the many small locomotives and wagons on the map (TANOA) are nothing else than a tree or a house. Nevertheless, after you have installed the mod, all of them are suddenly mobile.

And BTW ...... I did not ask, I told Anthonym1989 how it works. And I say that I did not know if there are locomotives or wagons on the chernarus map ....... but when, the mod make them moveable.

Edited by Anhor

Advertisement