Sign in to follow this  
da1geek

Users Cannot Connect Through A3 (well, kind of)

Question

I have been experiencing a very weird issue since I fired up the Exile server (even with Vanilla setup). Users are unable to join through A3 launcher - sort of. When just clicking "play", they get to the Exile loading screen and it just freezes. No progress bar, no change in text, it just doesn't go anywhere. Escaping and direct connecting from there connects just fine. Of course, the problem is, outside our immediate group of friends, no ones knows this and cannot connect to the server. Currently about 80% of our users can replicate this. I've checked my RPT up and down, and it the server does not even see them trying to connect. There is zero recognition of the player connecting. Connecting through the Steam Arma Launcher usually works fine. 

Since most of our traffic comes through A3 launcher this is drastically affecting population. Even our regulars are having difficulties getting in. My intuition makes me think it's our host for the dedicated server (OVH) since the connection seems to break before the server is even hit. However, I made sure their GAME firewall is turned off, as is Windows Firewall. I've done various troubleshooting, and cannot seem to find a resolution. Here is the RPT from when we had a few people on and a couple failed attempts http://pastebin.com/ngMFrEEi .

I would really appreciate any advice. I would even appreciate it if anyone tried to replicate the problem and could provide their IP/time they tried to connect and were "frozen" at the loading screen, so I can report the time of connection errors to OVH. 

Mods:

• A2OP
  • Frenzied Mod Pack
  • Napf
  • Exile
  • Zombies and Demons
  • Urban Rappelling (optional) 

12 answers to this question

One problem you have is this:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

For every one of those lines, you need to add something to your mission.sqm "addons" section.  However, that client RPT seems to indicate the player connected. 

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

One problem you have is this:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

For every one of those lines, you need to add something to your mission.sqm "addons" section.  However, that client RPT seems to indicate the player connected. 

Do you think that the error listed here would really cause that? I can definitely adjust the mission. Should the mission addons section contain every addon? Here is my current mission: http://pastebin.com/dR1PyWdX

I would be fucking stoked if that fixes it, but it would be strange then that those instances of players trying connect don't even hit the RPT.

Advertisement
6 hours ago, da1geek said:

Do you think that the error listed here would really cause that? I can definitely adjust the mission. Should the mission addons section contain every addon? Here is my current mission: http://pastebin.com/dR1PyWdX

I would be fucking stoked if that fixes it, but it would be strange then that those instances of players trying connect don't even hit the RPT.

It needs to have every addon that is used on the server. For example, with Esseker, I recently created a new area and used assets that I hadn't used before, which required me to add some more to the addons section. 

A3launcher needs to add all workshop items into its engine to work correctly. I have usscom by massi on my server and it's listed as unknown by A3launcher and blocks the rest of the mods in my server mods and users cannot connect at all. It connects them but then they are disconnected after 45 secs or more. I know this because I removed it from my active mods and tried to connect and was disconnected without a reason. 

I have exactly the same problem and I am also with OVH...

If you do find the problem and manage to fix it, I would appreciate if you would let me know. 

5 hours ago, SeanJSOS said:

I have exactly the same problem and I am also with OVH...

If you do find the problem and manage to fix it, I would appreciate if you would let me know. 

For the record sean, only my admins could get in to start, and that was because of the GAME firewall. Disabling that allowed at least some to get in after multiple attempts. 

8 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It needs to have every addon that is used on the server. For example, with Esseker, I recently created a new area and used assets that I hadn't used before, which required me to add some more to the addons section. 

Okay. So everything listed under exileserver > addons basically. Got it. i'll add them all and make sure it's cleared up first and go from there. Do I add them to EVERY line for addons, or just the top two? (sorry for the dumb question, but I want to make sure I get this right). Also, and I only adding all the PBO's listed  in the addons section like so, and is it just for that first addon line?

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]= //just this section?
	{
		"exile_client",
		"Ryanzombies",
		"ryanzombiesfunctions",
		"napf",
		"A2OP"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"napf"

};
	randomSeed=8080942;
	class Intel
	{

http://imgur.com/a/sicyl

(edited to clarify)

Edited by da1geek

6 hours ago, jmayr2000 said:

A3launcher needs to add all workshop items into its engine to work correctly. I have usscom by massi on my server and it's listed as unknown by A3launcher and blocks the rest of the mods in my server mods and users cannot connect at all. It connects them but then they are disconnected after 45 secs or more. I know this because I removed it from my active mods and tried to connect and was disconnected without a reason. 

I don't have any mods running that A3 doesn't recognize (at least that I'm aware of), but thank you for the input!

10 minutes ago, da1geek said:

For the record sean, only my admins could get in to start, and that was because of the GAME firewall. Disabling that allowed at least some to get in after multiple attempts. 

Okay. So everything listed under exileserver > addons basically. Got it. i'll add them all and make sure it's cleared up first and go from there. Do I add them to EVERY line for addons, or just the top two? (sorry for the dumb question, but I want to make sure I get this right).

Just the first "addons" section.

40 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Just the first "addons" section.

Got it. Referenced your earlier post last year 

and now I get with you meant by  "For every one of those lines, you need to add something to your mission.sqm "addons" section." That has been fixed now. We'll see if there's any dice with players getting in. I doubt it unfortunately, but I will report back this afternoon (in US).

Sadly this did not resolve it. Users are still unable to get in through A3 and get "frozen" at the loading screen. Waiting for either more advice or a response from OVH =/

Advertisement