Z80CPU

Backing Up RPT Files And 'Cleaning' Them

Question

Hello Everybody!

Ever notice how your profile folder gets full of those silly RPT files?  And that you have to spend time doing something with them?

Have you also ever notice that the RPT file itself is full of entries that you could care less about?

Say goodbye to housekeeping and cluttered RPT files!  Your maid is here!

This package contains two batch files which can be installed anywhere on your server, with one of them even being able to be installed on a remote computer.

#1:  CleanUp.Bat

This will read in your RPT file and ‘strip out’ garbage that you do not wish to see.  For example, let’s say the RPT has about 1000 lines of “Missing CUP_Saucer”.  Normally, you would have to skip over this and be ‘pestered’ by looking at them.  Not anymore!  Just put in the word ‘CUP_Saucer’ and ANY line that has this...well...say BYE-BYE!  All 1000 lines will be removed from the RPT file!

You can use this to remove many words/phrase at the same time.

Do note, the ORIGINAL RPT is NOT modified, rather the ‘stripped’ version is what you see.  So you do not have to worry about losing data that you might need at a later date.

#2:  Log-BackUp.Bat

This program, which should be run BEFORE the ARMA server starts, will backup your log files AND any InfiSTAR logs too!  It will create a folder within your profile folder and then create a ‘time/date’ based folder in which these logs are copied into.

Example:

2018-23-08-09-00 folder (0900’s logs)
2018-23-08-13-00 folder (1300’s logs)
2018-24-08-09-00 folder (0900’s logs)
2018-24-08-13-00 folder (1300’s logs)

This way, in your profile folder will be ONLY TWO LOGS!  Not hundreds!  And those log files will be the CURRENT SESSION’S LOG FILES!

CleanUp’ can be run at anytime and IF you have mapped drives (DRIVE LETTER ASSIGNED) to your server, you can run this program from home.

Log-BackUp’, as stated, should be run BEFORE your ARMA server starts back up.

Both these batch files have been in use for 2+ years with no issues.  Both of these will run on any version of Windows from Win98 –> Win10 and both are < 4kb in size.

--->  Make SURE YOU READ THE ‘READ ME’ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!  <---

Also, in the ‘READ ME’, is a link to YouTube showing you how to use these.

If you like this and wish to show your appreciation in a more tangible manner, please donate to me at:  PayPal.Me/SuperChickenProduct

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know!

:)

DropBox Link

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Advertisement