Question

Hello Everybody!

Over the years, I have noticed people having issues with mission files that give them the dreaded ‘Deleted Content’.  Then they come on here seeking what to do and how to deal with it.

For those who know how to deal with it, it is fairly easy.  But, if you do not know, then you’re stuck.

Not only that, but if your mission has 20, 30, 75+ items in the ‘AddOnsMetaData’ class section you could spend 30-60 minutes renumbering the items after you remove them.  Heaven forbid if you delete a semi-colon or cause some other syntax error!

So for those that struggle with how to fix this error as well as help those the the ‘AddOnsMetaData’ renumbering, I have put together instructions as well as a program that will automate some of these procedures for you.

This program can be used for ANY ‘Mission.SQM’ file which gives you this error.  It does not matter you get it when you try to play your mission or when you try to edit the mission.  It does not matter if it is for Exile, KOTH, SP, or MP.

This program (64kb) is a Windows program that can run on any version of Windows, from Win95 –> Win10 with no issues.

This is a program that I have personally been using for over 2 years and it is a time saver!

Instructions on how to use the program as well as how to fix these errors are contained in the YouTube video which is in the ReadMe file as well as directly from within the program itself.

When you download this program, you will have a choice on a ‘Stand Alone’ version or an ‘Installed’ version.  Try the ‘Stand Alone’ first.  Both will be included in the RAR file.

--->  Make SURE YOU READ THE ‘READ ME’ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!  <---

If you like this and wish to show your appreciation in a more tangible manner, please donate to me at:  PayPal.Me/SuperChickenProduct

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know!

:)

DropBox Link

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 3

6 answers to this question

hahahaha....help yourself!  It will run!  This and the others I have uploaded were written in 'Visual Basic 6', which is compatible with ALL versions of Windows!

I still have an image of Win95 and Win ME for my virtual computers.  I even have Windows 3.1 and Windows NT 3.51!

Actually, and I found this interesting, Win95 is STILL IN USE TODAY!  I have/use it just for nostalgia and nothing more, they use in it business!  Oh well...to each their own....

See:  https://thenextweb.com/insider/2017/08/24/windows-95-22-years-old-today-lets-hope-doesnt-turn-23/#.tnw_lm7HnOTR

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement

Youtube video link in readme.txt is broken :)

Besides that looks like an awesome tool, :) will give it a try once I get home and when I will have parenting free time

Edited by Brenner

Hello @Brenner,

I am not sure what you tried, I did go to the TXT file and did a 'cut-n-paste' on the link, and it does work....???

Here is it again and just tested again: 

Sorry you're having issues,  Do not forget, the link to this video is IN THE PROGRAM itself so you can always get to it via that method.  And I just tested that too and it is pulling up for me.

Thanks for the comment and it IS an awesome tool!  I got so tired of having to deal with that manually....what a mess...so I got 'lazy'...or was it 'smart' and automated the renumbering....  ;)

Let me know if you have any more issues!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by Z80CPU

Sorry, my bad, it prolly was a bad c/p, tried again now and it does work indeed.

I'm always saying the "lazy" people are the most productive ones, because they will find a way to make things easier and/or automate as much as possible.

Thank you once again for sharing it. :)

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

hahahahaahaha...too funny...  ;)

And I am glad it is working for ya!  :)

You're more than welcome for it too.  As it is stated in many places; Biblical and secular - What sort of person would I be it I have a fix for a problem and I kept it all to myself?  A pretty crappy person!

Advertisement