Sign in to follow this  
EBEALIEN

Server not visible and not accessible (rcon)

Question

Good morning,
I have a nitrado server, which has always worked, and when there were "CUP" updates,
  I updated them and fixed the relative keys.
But lately after the cba_a3 update I don't see the server even if it's online and upon restart the mission returns this message to me:

"Check your RCON password. If you've changed it, restart the Server game. After restarting, wait a few minutes for the RCON connection to be ready."

The server boots up on the server, it is not visible on the luncher arma3, and if they feel the direct connection, it hangs on load.

Before throwing myself headlong into altering everything, I would first listen to you experts, with some advice.
Thanks for your help!

9 answers to this question

Hello @EBEALIEN,

Well...I can say this, something ELSE was changed too!  I also had to do the CBA update and I had ZERO ISSUES.

So, if you are, I would look at the time stamp on all of your files...because SOMETHING was changed...

The only OTHER possibility, is your host has messed it up somehow.

:)

• Like 1

Unfortunately I checked all the mods, and disabled the CBA, I see the server but it still doesn't work!
Thanks for your interest, but I'm still on the high seas.
My Mission MP contains several connections, but it seems strange that when they update, always skip the servers, yet it would suffice
don't change codes, commas and / or names, instead for a small thing they go "in the air", years of work.

If I can provide files, tell me what you need and I'll post it!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Advertisement

If YOU did nothing, this leaves TWO THINGS ONLY:

#1 - As stated:  "...The only OTHER possibility, is your host has messed it up somehow ..."

#2 - There is a hardware issue going on.

This is why it is CRITICAL to make a COMPLETE backup of ALL your ARMA files.  In this case you could backup the current files, delete them, then restore you original backup.  IF it failed then, it is a hardware issue; it works, the current files that you deleted are the problem.

There is not too much to this.

:)

• Like 1

Fine thanks @Z80CPU ,
I last updated,
if I'm not mistaken 10-1-19 and I updated CBA_a3 / CUP CORE / CUP MAPS. It worked, then I saw the recent CBA_A3 update again,
and I updated it as usual, but nothing I saw the server online. Nitrado has disabled the "MOD changes" and the "additional server modifications", and is back online.
I probably have the backup, but I don't know where to find it and how to reactivate it on the server.
Thanks for your interest. It 'a server with years of studying work and struggling to prepare it and for me it has great value.

• Like 1

Expert or not, anyone who is able to solve your issue, based on the info you provided, should play lottery..
You could at least give us something for the start, an error, rpt, anything..

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

@ Brenner , Of course you're right, I was hoping for an experience.
Unfortunately I've been updating for years and I've never had any problems, and I absolutely never alter anything, CBA_A3 has been updated as usual,
and as usual I uploaded new files and keys on the nitrado server, leaving unchanged the strings of modifications as I always do.
My messages were to help me, for example:
look for the xxx file and post it ---- send me a screen shot - look for the txt file or something else.

I unfortunately don't know what to post if you don't tell me, it would just be random.
I created the server with difficulty without ever bothering anyone, but now, from a distance, I could hardly do it again, and I would be very sorry.
It's probably a hyphen, or a file that I don't see updated, yet I double-checked everything.

Forgive me if I was vague was not my intention, if I knew what to do, I probably would have done it, I was hoping for a common problem,
or advice on how to try.
I have a complex mp mission that has never been altered and it has always been working, maybe it's there, but a month ago it worked before the cba update.
Thank you for your interest, if I can collaborate I collaborate.

Antonio

rpt:

Spoiler

22:17:28 ErrorMessage: Include file a3\functions_f\Debug\fn_isDebugConsoleAllowed.sqf not found.
22:17:28 Application terminated intentionally
ErrorMessage: Include file a3\functions_f\Debug\fn_isDebugConsoleAllowed.sqf not found.

1Cdp8cv.png

Sadly the permissions do not allow to write files to addons folder, so maybe you should contact Nitrado support to update server files, since obviously some files are missing from the functions_f.pbo. (and who knows what else is missing..)

My assumption would be that they updated executables to v1.90.145471, but not the rest of the server files.

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

Thank you, @Brenner ,
will I try to contact Nitrado, to have it updated, or can I give you the permissions?
Thank you for your efforts, a community works well thanks to people like you Brenner and
  Z80CPU

Now let's see what happens to update 

Grazie - Antonio

Following my question,  and the intervention in this forum, it seems only right to explain the problem.

• wrong command line, the mod folders both in mod and in servermods (mod = required by clients servermod = not necessary for clients)
  • add-ons folder from server installation Nitrado has had some misalignment in at least one .pbo when compared to files downloaded via SteamCMD (I used the Exile installation of Nitrado 1.0.4, from the Steam add-ons folder )
  • A subsequent update helped to solve the problem.
  • in addition, another problem has been added, a parameter that creates problems, as communicated by Bhoemia to Nitrado support.

BUT I would like to thank the advice of @Z80CPU in this topic.

and especially to my new friend @Brenner, that intervened in 3 days, and actually worked seriously on my server disastrous, always remaining in communication with me.
People like him help, not only me, but mainly the exile.com forum for living. He never asked for anything, and this makes him a serious and honest person.
For this reason, it is thanks to @Brenner, and his contribution on exile.majormittens.co.uk, that a forum exists and always lives, at the intersection of each one
It's not so much the server or the game, it is the sense of the value of a disinterested gesture towards a stranger like me, and marks @Brenner as a person of value.
THANK YOU.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement