Knocks

[RELEASE] DAPE: Dynamic Air Patrol Event (Updated to 1.4)

86 posts in this topic

Dynamic Air Patrol Event:

This script creates an air patrol event in which a random plane is spawned, flies around for a few minutes before an interceptor launches and chases the patrol.  Once down, a Quick Reaction Force chopper launches to search for survivors and secure the site.  This is the base mission from @John.  It has been modified to run until it successfully launches a rescue mission, has been optimized to reduce impact on performance, and had several issues corrected that were causing some problems.  Also added in the ability to customize for your specific content (easy to change out patrols, interceptors, and loot helis), new AI logic, some special effects and a few other features.  Enjoy! 

Features

- Highly customizable, you can modify it to use any content

- Randomized content, different mission and experience every time.

- Cool way to offer heli’s as loot

(Version 1.4)

- Added code to reset if rescue heli is shot down
    - Added option to protect rescue heli until it lands
    - Added option to run without Exile
    - Added delay before QRF launches
    - Minor code corrections 

(Version 1.3)
    - Helicopter is now only persistent after someone jumps in
    - Script will now pause until a player joins the server
    - Debug is now on by default to verify its working 

(Version 1.2)
    - Added option to turn off interceptor
    - Added random amounts of cash (poptabs) to AI
    - Added option to make helicopter persistent vehicle with code
    - If not persistent, Vehicle Claim Script should work for most vehicles
    (Version 1.1)
    - Script will now auto clean markers and old mission site once a player jumps in the helicopter
    - Script now runs continuously 
    - Optimized some code
    (Version 1.0)
    - Offers a highly randomized mission and experience
    - Can be easily customized for any custom content or equipment/vehicle mod
    - Should work on any map

Link to GitHub <=- Download from here

Installation

1. Copy the folder "DAPE" to the root of your mission folder (ex. Exile.Altis)
2. Edit your init.sqf in the root of your mission folder and add the following line to the bottom:

[] execVM "DAPE\DAPE.sqf";   // Dynamic Air Patrol Mission

Re-PBO your mission file and you're good to go.

Credits: Thanks to @John  for his "Dynamic Air Patrol / Interceptor Event" script.  This was the original inspiration and the basis for this code.

IF YOU USE MY SCRIPTS:  Please post a cool screenshot and where you are in the world, I’m always curious who actually plays with these little toys I make.

Edited by Knocks
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Advertisement

Hey have to say this is a cool script - adding a living element to the server. One question though, once the AI have been killed and the chopper taken, is there a mission cleanup to remove the map icon? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Explodie said:

Hey have to say this is a cool script - adding a living element to the server. One question though, once the AI have been killed and the chopper taken, is there a mission cleanup to remove the map icon? 

Hah, no.  Thanks for the reminder.  Let me think that one through.  Since there is no underlying mission system I would need to add a mini heartbeat checker.  No problem, just have to think it through.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

You're very welcome @Knocks - I'm getting very positive feedback on my server regarding your work here :)

If you're going to add a mission cleanup, can I add to the wish list and see if the mission could respawn at a random period once the cleanup has occurred? Thanks mate, appreciate it!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, odin.svobik said:

it's looking great. unfortunately it not works on Malden map. Can I ask for help?

What issues are you having?  Post a copy of your server.rpt file in a “spoiler” so it doesn’t clog up the post and I’ll see if I can help figure out what’s up.

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your work done and for sharing your scripts and so much work done on the FUMS system with us. I want to ask you to add the interceptor aircraft mute function, since during its flight it knocks almost all DMS_occupation patrol helicopters on the server and yes the marker cleaning function is definitely needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DENA77 said:

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your work done and for sharing your scripts and so much work done on the FUMS system with us. I want to ask you to add the interceptor aircraft mute function, since during its flight it knocks almost all DMS_occupation patrol helicopters on the server and yes the marker cleaning function is definitely needed.

Yeah it spawns as resistance, but if I dial back the aggression it won’t shoot down the patrol.   Let me see if there is another way to target the patrol.  Do you spawn your patrols as east?

Sorry, the script works on malden. Only I have one problem, the planes hit me on a slope of mountains and hills. Is there any way to adjust the altitude of the flight? and to burn after patrol even from missions? Thank you

• Like 1

Advertisement