Maik Richter

A3 Launcher does not find server

Question

I do not know if this is the right forum, but maybe one has an idea

Unfortunately, the launcher does not find the mod. What is the exact line in the commandline? I took the following

-mod=@Exile;@Enhanced_Movement;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@mbg_buildings_3;@Rosche;@Zombies_and_Demons;@RZInfection_for_Exile;@BWMod;@Fox_SurvivalCars -servermod=@ExileServer;@obfusqf;@infiSTAR_Exile;@infiSTAR_TM;@infiSTAR_customApps

I have several spellings Try it eg

@mbg_b3
@MBG_buildings_3

Many more

Many Thx

Edited by Maik Richter

26 answers to this question

Hello @Maik Richter,

VERY simple!  Look at how you typed it!

There are NO SPACES between the '@' symbol and the first letter!

You have @, then a SPACE, then the first letter which is a 'M'.

You have:  @ mbg_b3 and @ MBG_buildings_3  = WRONG

Correct:  @mbg_b3 OR @MBG_buildings_3 = RIGHT

You can call the mod ANYTHING you want.  The ONLY thing you need to do is to use the SAME NAME in the launcher as in the folder name.  I would also NOT have ANY SPACES in the mod name as well.  While you can get it to 'work' with SPACES in the name, it is a PAIN.  Make your life easier but having NO SPACES in the name!

So, you COULD call your mod/folder name:  @mbg, @MBG, @Extra_Building_Stuff, @HouseAddons, @HomeDepotMod, @YourMod, @My_Mod, and so on.  JUST make sure that the folder name MATCHES what ever you wish to call it.

Mod Name = Folder Name = Works

Mod Name <> Folder Name = FAIL

:)

• Thanks 1

Advertisement
32 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @Maik Richter,

VERY simple!  Look at how you typed it!

There are NO SPACES between the '@' symbol and the first letter!

You have @, then a SPACE, then the first letter which is a 'M'.

You have:  @ mbg_b3 and @ MBG_buildings_3  = WRONG

Correct:  @mbg_b3 OR @MBG_buildings_3 = RIGHT

You can call the mod ANYTHING you want.  The ONLY thing you need to do is to use the SAME NAME in the launcher as in the folder name.  I would also NOT have ANY SPACES in the mod name as well.  While you can get it to 'work' with SPACES in the name, it is a PAIN.  Make your life easier but having NO SPACES in the name!

So, you COULD call your mod/folder name:  @mbg, @MBG, @Extra_Building_Stuff, @HouseAddons, @HomeDepotMod, @YourMod, @My_Mod, and so on.  JUST make sure that the folder name MATCHES what ever you wish to call it.

Mod Name = Folder Name = Works

Mod Name <> Folder Name = FAIL

Actually this is only partially correct. The mod folders can be called whatever you want, but they do not have to match anything else. A3L pulls the mod information from the meta.cpp contained with the mod folder, so as long as that is present and the mod is present on A3L it will be detected and matched correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to answer my problem.

Just looked in the Meta folder is:                 name = "MBG Buildings 3 (Arma2 Legacy)";
In the mod line we tried the following spellings

@mbg_buildings_3

@mbg_b3

@MBG_buildings_3

@MBG_Buildings_3_Arma2_Legacy

Can you think of something else?

Edited by Maik Richter

@kuplion - I am sorry to say, your post above is wrong.  I actually thought you had me on that one!  ;)  And no...that was not a 'smart remark'.  We ALL make mistakes and I thought I botched it here!  :)

An example to illustrate this:

I have 5 mods and they are called in the 'text file'; 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5

I have them installed in folders named: C:\Mods\One, C:\Mods\Two, C:\Mods\Three, C:\Mods\Four, C:\Mods\Five

Now ACCORDING TO YOU "...The mod folders can be called whatever you want, but they do not have to match anything else...", then the following WOULD WORK:

Parms:  -mod:c:\Mods\xyz

HOW is ARMA to know what folder 'xyz' is?  HOW COULD ANY PERSON TELL THIS???  There is a 80% chance you would be WRONG!

Does xyz = One or Two?  How about xyz =Five?  NO ONE COULD TELL!  And this INCLUDES ARMA!

IT DOES NOT WORK!

There is NO OPTION:

PARAMETERS MUST MATCH FOLDER NAMES!

In the above example:

Parms:  -mod:c:\Mods\xyz

Folder:  c:\Mods\Four

FAILS!

Parms:  -mod:c:\Mods\Three

Folder:  c:\Mods\Three

WORKS!

This is a FACT.

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the renewed help

I try to get as much information as possible, here again the original commandline of the server:

mod=@Exile;@Enhanced_Movement;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@mbg_buildings_3;@Rosche;@Zombies_and_Demons;@RZInfection_for_Exile;@BWMod;@Fox_SurvivalCars -servermod=@ExileServer;@obfusqf;@infiSTAR_Exile;@infiSTAR_TM;@infiSTAR_customApps

below attached an image of the folder of the mod

Spellings I've already tried: @mbg_buildings_3    @mbg_b3    @MBG_buildings_3    @MBG_Buildings_3_Arma2_Legacy     

Can you think of something else?

Here is the name of the meta.ccp:     name = "MBG Buildings 3 (Arma2 Legacy)";

As you can see I have tried everything and unfortunately I can not continue. I hope one knows another advice and can help me. Sorry for my english.

MFG Maik

RdpManager_2019-02-21_18-16-45.png

• Like 1

Many thanks for the answer.

I made the following error message: Oh snap! 89.163.221.9:2303 unknown mods - @ MBG_Buildings_3_Arma2_Legacy

Edited by Maik Richter

Yep, that means that that mod is currently not on the A3L, thus your server won't show up. You can ask Maca to add the mod here: https://support.launcher.eu/
But that might take a while. He adds mods once a month to the A3L. Disable the mod  from your server & restart it. Then go to the A3L check server page and fill in the IP:port+1 again :) 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement