Ovacko

Random AI/Person glitching into vehicles

Question

So we run a modded exile server running all sorts of things (zombies, claim vehicles, patrols, invasions, missions, etc.) and for the past month or so we have experienced and odd occurrence. About 70% of the time a player exits a vehicle they were just using a random "character" appears in the driver seat, rapidly changing clothes and hats. He cannot be killed and is mostly harmless. But he prevents players from entering the driver seat for random amounts of time ranging from a few seconds to over a minute, he unlocks the vehicle once he appears even if it was already locked, and he aggros zombies and AI as if he were a player.

Our players have lost many vehicles because this random element prevented them from fleeing or aggroed a horde of zombies while they were away from the vehicle. I have done some research and have not found anything else about this problem, so I have no idea what mod might be causing the problem. Our primary Admin believes it might have something to do with zombies, but we haven't been able to nail it down. 

Any advice into this matter would be appreciated, and I hope this is the right category for this post.

8 answers to this question

I looked through that thread and it seems similar if not the same, however, we are not running FuMS. We are running DMS with occupation, but only with supply crates and wrecks, Zombies, and town invasions. Nothing else we run should pull a civi unit, so we are truly stumped.

Advertisement

@Ovacko Do you have vehicles and AI placed anywhere on the map through mission.sqm? I also recommend you look through all the scripts and make sure there's anything you need to enable/disable to support other scripts. 

Edited by Haywood Voltiac

Only thing I have running through the mission.sqm outside of markers is a minefield in two areas. However the random AI predates that addition by a full month almost. When we were running on 32 bit, we never had the AI, but the lights would randomly flash on/off when you would lock it. When we swapped to 64bit, the AI showed up as well. The only scripts running that I can think off that have any compatibility problems would be Claim persistent vehicle, and XP tax, because I spliced in the changes into the provided override files from the Exile Devs. At this point though I am just rebuilding the server one script at a time. Trying to fix a few other bugs and track this down. Because I honestly just can't find anything that points to it. Nothing in the server RPT's or HC logs stand out.

So far the only touchpoints with your case and mine are HC and Claim vehicles, but with claim vehs I had no issues whatsoever on any other server or that one, so it must be something with HC obviously, since it is handling AIs.

The issue is from RyanZombies. But i never saw this NPC, for me he is always invisible.

I just kill all zombies nearby and it stops and i can get into the vehicle again.

Edited by El Rabito

On 2/28/2019 at 10:36 AM, El Rabito said:

The issue is from RyanZombies. But i never saw this NPC, for me he is always invisible.

I just kill all zombies nearby and it stops and i can get into the vehicle again.

Oh yeah right, forgot about zombies, so I guess we found the cause :D
don't remember ever saw that issue using FuMS without zombies (they would also generate 1 thread per zombie, that is why I disabled them eventualy)

Advertisement