Sign in to follow this  
Bob_the_K

Override files not found in client.RPT

9 posts in this topic

I'm running the latest Arma3 and Exile.  I have a number of mods installed and the server.RPT shows no errors or warnings beyond the standard Arma3 errors and warnings.  But when I look in my client.RPT, I see these:

Spoiler

14:17:34 "ERROR: Override of ExileClient_action_repairVehicle_condition in CfgExileCustomCode points to a non-existent file: Overwrites\ExileClient_action_repairVehicle_condition.sqf. Defaulting to vanilla Exile code!"
14:17:34 Warning Message: Script Overwrites\ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp.sqf not found
14:17:34 "ERROR: Override of ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp in CfgExileCustomCode points to a non-existent file: Overwrites\ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp.sqf. Defaulting to vanilla Exile code!"
14:17:34 Warning Message: Script Overwrites\ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf not found
14:17:34 "ERROR: Override of ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw in CfgExileCustomCode points to a non-existent file: Overwrites\ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf. Defaulting to vanilla Exile code!"
14:17:34 Warning Message: Script Overwrites\ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show.sqf not found

There are more.  But all those files do indeed exist on the server in the locations indicated in the messages.  And they are in the overrides section of my mission config.CPP file.  As I said, no errors or warnings in the server.RPT.  Is this just on the client side and showing up because they're scripts, not mods?  Should I be concerned?  Is this normal?  I don't know if this happened in the past because I generally don't look in the client.RPT and don't keep the historical files for too long.  I focus on getting the server.RPT running relatively clean.

If it's client side, the issue is most likely you are not updating to the latest server side PBO. This is Arma at fault and not you. Navigate to your mpmissions folder for Arma profile, Example: C:\Users\COMPUTERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

Or you can open RUN and type %localappdata% then navigate to Arma 3 >> MPMissionsCache and delete all PBOs in this folder. Then relaunch the game and enter the server. You will be forced to redownload the server side mission PBO.

Advertisement

what its reading is, its saying its not found but you said its there in the mission pbo. how about calling it from another location  or make sure that there are no other scripts that uses the same scripts metion

When I'm making changes, I always delete the client-side PBOs upon restart.  I learned early the hard way that if I don't, it doesn't always re-download resulting in errors that I cannot find since they aren't "real".   So I know that's not it.  I'll try changing the location of a few of the files to see if I can get rid of at least those messages for the ones I change the location.   It should allow me to at least narrow down the cause.   Thanks!

edit:  So I moved one of the files to test.. same thing except the directory changed (because I moved the file).  Odd thing is that I tested some of the functionality on that "not found" file and it seems to work as intended.  Not sure why I'm getting those messages but it looks like they likely can be ignored.

Edited by Bob_the_K

10 hours ago, Bob_the_K said:

same thing except the directory changed

Can you explain more on this. You changed the directory but the error shows the same directory?

I have a directory called Exile_Server_Overrides that I only use for the extDB3 overrides.  I call those with a #include "CfgExileCustomCode.cpp" statement in config.cpp.   All those work fine.  I moved ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf into that folder, changed the line in config.cpp to read ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw = "Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf";.   So I'm not even calling ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf from  CfgExileCustomCode.cpp.  Now, I see: 

7:54:40 Warning Message: Script Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf not found
 7:54:40 "ERROR: Override of ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw in CfgExileCustomCode points to a non-existent file: Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileClient_gui_map_event_onDraw.sqf. Defaulting to vanilla Exile code!"

Here's something I hadn't noticed before because I usually go right into admin mode with Infistar.  This time, I didn't at first.  When connected as a regular player, none of those messages showed up.  It wasn't until I then went in as an admin that they showed up.  Seems to show some kind of Infistar-related issue.  I have no idea why though.  What's even stranger is that it seems to be trying to load it from the  CfgExileCustomCode.cpp file.  I've verified over and over that it is NOT called from that file, that it is called from config.cpp, and that the right directory is referenced.

Hello @Bob_the_K,

This may sound dumb and stupid at the same time, but it seems as if you have checked and done everything else that I would including moving stuff to another directory.

Have you checked FILE PERMISSIONS?  This MIGHT be the problem.  And not just with 'read', but other things such as not having admin rights when you should.

It is a dumb thing to check, but it COULD cause some issues if it was marked 'hidden' and ARMA does not 'see it' because of this.

Another thing to check as I HAVE DONE THIS, make sure the actual FILE IS THERE, NOT A SHORTCUT!  ;)

It is a quick thing to check on...

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

They're not shortcuts and the permissions seem OK.  I compared them to other files that don't throw that error.  It's also odd that only 9 of the 24 files in my overwrites folder do this.  and it's the same ones every time.

As a last ditch effort I removed those files from the overwrites folder and created all new files with the same names as i just removed.  Then I copied the content from the original (now moved) files to the new files in the overwrites folder.  I figured that'd take care of any obscure permissions.   No luck.  Same errors on the same files.  And only if I'm logged in as an admin.  As a normal player, no errors.

I did not think either would be an issue...BUT...you never KNOW till you check...  ;)

What you COULD do is to call these files from some other file as well as giving those 9 a 'new name', such as '1.SQF' at the same time.

THEN if that does work, then rename the files to normal and try again.

One other thing is, to BE 100% SURE, REMOVE InfiSTAR to be SURE!  If it does work, then it is an IS issue at which time you would need to consult with them.

If OTHERS do not have issues and YOU ARE, AND YOU are using IS, well...I would make me think it is in IS, since you're an admin and the others ARE NOT, thus they do NOT run IS as YOU DO.

Just rename the PBO:  IS.PBO To IS.PBO.ORG or something like that, then restart your server.  Sadly, you can not do this while it is running, you'll have to 'catch it' between reboots.

Yes, you WILL get errors, BUT, IS will NOT be loading FOR YOU.

Me?  I would remove IS first and see what happens, then the 'new names' things.

:)

Advertisement