Seal

InfiSTAR BUG?

Question

I'm having an issue where I start my server and everything works fine besides my admin menu, I can access my key bindings for infastar but not the F1 Menu?

if anyone could has some useful information it would be much appreciated. (:

Thanks  in advance. - Seal

*Update* I've been getting this msg as well on the bottom left. could this have something to do with InfiSTAR not working?

20180920220112_1.jpg

Edited by Seal

10 answers to this question

By the sounds of it you havnt installed infistar correctly, all you are doing is showing us a pic of what everyone gets, get to the point in what you have done to get this to work so we can see where you went wrong or are missing.

A server RPT will show us what UIDs are being loaded in as admins. THat's the first step. Then if you are being loaded in as admin, we can start going thru what steps you missed.

Advertisement

Hello @Seal,

(Note:  IS = InfiSTAR)

#1 - The message at the bottom is NORMAL.

#2 - Either you did NOT install IS PROPERLY AND/OR you have some other mod 'taking over' the F1 key.  I would recommend you remove ALL mods EXCEPT for IS.  IF the problem STILL exists, then you have installed IS INCORRECTLY.  IF it DOES WORK, then one of the removed mods is causing a 'conflict' and you must find out which one.  Sadly, unless you KNOW it is mod 'xyz', you will have to activate ONE MOD AT A TIME until the 'bad mod' breaks IS, THEN you will KNOW which one is the problem.

If you re-activate ALL mods and IS is STILL working, then this STILL means you have a 'bad mod', but the LOAD ORDER has 'corrected' it.  THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE THOUGH!  It has NOT been fixed!  Just 'hidden'!

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

12 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @Seal,

(Note:  IS = InfiSTAR)

#1 - The message at the bottom is NORMAL.

#2 - Either you did NOT install IS PROPERLY AND/OR you have some other mod 'taking over' the F1 key.  I would recommend you remove ALL mods EXCEPT for IS.  IF the problem STILL exists, then you have installed IS INCORRECTLY.  IF it DOES WORK, then one of the removed mods is causing a 'conflict' and you must find out which one.  Sadly, unless you KNOW it is mod 'xyz', you will have to activate ONE MOD AT A TIME until the 'bad mod' breaks IS, THEN you will KNOW which one is the problem.

If you re-activate ALL mods and IS is STILL working, then this STILL means you have a 'bad mod', but the LOAD ORDER has 'corrected' it.  THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE THOUGH!  It has NOT been fixed!  Just 'hidden'!

Good luck!

I only have @Exile and @ExileServer no other mods are even on my server it's fresh.

Then @Seal, as I stated:  "...IF the problem STILL exists, then you have installed IS INCORRECTLY...".

Sorry to be the bearer of the truth, you have installed IS INCORRECTLY.

There are THOUSANDS of copies of this running and if you look on this site alone, no one else has this issue.  I would suggest you:

#1 - REMOVE THE ENTIRE IS mod (this includes server AND THE CLIENT part)

#2 - READ CAREFULLY the instructions BEFORE installing

#3 - Install FOLLOWING above instructions

It DOES work...IF instructions are followed CORRECTLY AND PROPERLY.

And I KNOW you have NOT RESEARCHED THIS TOO before posting!  For if you DID, you would SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND HOW TO CORRECT IT!  The post is ON THIS SITE!

Go research and you WILL FIND THE ANSWER!

Good luck!

Okay So here is the Fix if you Renew a license from Chris @infiSTAR I guess there is something they have to do in order to make your Ip active for your server if you renewed your License because i had my IP and everything inside the License Tab, it just wasn't working then i msgd Chris got home from work and my IP was no longer in there, i reactivated my IP and bam everything worked lol.

I just kept thinking to myself wow i'm retarded if i can't follow these simple steps but thankfully that wasn't the case XD.. also thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, honestly always helps a lot. Glad to be a part of such a good community.

-Seal

Hey

can you send me a screenshot to explain what part you are talking about?

I've updated how those ips in the license array are saved and due to that ALL saved ips cleared but also "disabled protection" which goes a long with it.

Do you remember if it had your "button" to the right like this
otjqNp908Fq1C6Qvm50V3.png

or

Vmsuii3bpfIR3Vo6hyAWt.png

because it should have been to the left like in the first picture :)

1 hour ago, infiSTAR said:

Hey

can you send me a screenshot to explain what part you are talking about?

I've updated how those ips in the license array are saved and due to that ALL saved ips cleared but also "disabled protection" which goes a long with it.

Do you remember if it had your "button" to the right like this
otjqNp908Fq1C6Qvm50V3.png

or

Vmsuii3bpfIR3Vo6hyAWt.png

because it should have been to the left like in the first picture :)

Yeah it was to the Left Chris. and it didn't work but right after i Left a ticket it started working when i got home from work the next day. lol

Advertisement