Vanalex

Exile lyhtium Cry for help !URGENT

11 posts in this topic

Hi i need help setting up a dream server of mine on exile, this consists of certain mods and a whole bunch of other stuff, I have tried for a really long time to create my own server and everything but it never had seemed to work finally I have rented a server and i need help editing the exile mission file for Lythium as well as some help on coding even though i guess i know the basics of it. I can offer to pay anyone who can guarantee their work or run a partnership and in the long run start a donation base for developers. Thanks

First of all, don't double post.

Second, learn how to do it yourself because you will need to know when a mod or Arma updates.

• Like 5

Advertisement

Hello @Vanalex,

What @kuplion has stated is true.  From what I have seen, a LOT of people take (for example) the 10 mods that wish to use and install them all at one time, then they start their server and everything 'blows up'.  NEVER EVER DO THIS!  Do this instead:

1 - Get DEFAULT Exile working (worry about the 'right' map LATER)

2 - Make a back up of EVERYTHING

3 - Add ONE MOD and get it working

3 - Go to Step #2 till completed

Final step:  Create your Lythium map.  Basically, the ONLY difference in different maps is where the traders are located/laid-out.

Note - If you're planning to use InfiSTAR, INSTALL IT AS A LAST STEP AFTER EVERYTHING IS WORKING AND MAKING A BACKUP!!!

I also recommend you set up a LOCAL server at home which cost NO MONEY and get it working, THEN rent a server at which time you can just upload your files with some path changes.

Also, almost every update; be it ARMA, Exile, or mods, something usually goes wrong.  What are you going to do then?  Be like some who come on here BEGGING for help, yet they were ALL told to 'learn it yourself'?  They made the choice not to and now they suffer in their decision.

There are MANY guides on here and on YouTube on how to setup an Exile server.  It is not 'that hard' as long as you stick with 'basic' things.  Just make SURE that the info pertains to the CURRENT versions of ARMA/Exile.  Something from 3 years back most likely will not work.

Be THANKFUL you have these guides and people like @kuplion and myself, as well as a forum such as this to even ask for help.  When I started with ARMA 17 years ago, there was NOTHING.  When I started with Exile, there was basically NOTHING.  Many of us had to learn it ON OUR OWN!  You, have at your 'fingertips' a slew of resources from our collective knowledge to aid you in your 'quest'...IF YOU FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND SEARCH FOR IT!

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 5

Wow so this is the start of one of the biggest Arma 3 exile servers, alright, thank you for all your support. I'll definitely take your advice @Z80CPU and @kuplion with back ups and having to learn how to update myself and the process of 1,2,3,4 hopefully till December it is ready.

I wish you luck @Vanalex!  IF you follow those steps/guides, you can reduce your 'errors' to a minimum and with backups, even if you do screw up, you can always go back to the previous step quickly and safely!  :)

I just want you to be successful and as with many things in life, there is only one way to do them and/or a proper way to do them.

I wish you luck and great success!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vanalex said:

Wow so this is the start of one of the biggest Arma 3 exile servers,

I honestly wish you all the success with this but it takes an insane amount of effort to get to being the top Exile server.

• Like 1

Yeah...give him credit..at least he is going in with a GOOD attitude...BUT, what @kuplion has stated (once again), sadly is true.

Good Intentions <> Good Results

And poo on you @El Rabito...rabbit poo at that!  ;)  Just teasing ya....heheheeh  ;)

Just do you best and that is ALL you can do and ALL anyone can ask of you!

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

These guys are giving you great advice and a good level of candid awareness of the challenges you may face. 

A few things i'd like to add:

Years ago.. this guide got me started (thanks for doing it @S.)

Second..

You need to decide if you are all in.. and renting a dedicated box (big balls) or if you are frightened a bit by the debbie downers and just want to start with some slots on a hosted arma 3 server (smaller balls, but balls nonetheless). 

Third..

You should focus on development on a different server than the one you are using.   Nothing sucks worse than losing population because you messed up something you were trying to do and they leave to go play on another server.   So develop on one.. and when shit works, move it over to the community server.

Good luck, and @kuplion and @Monkeynutz are available 24/7 to help you in the official exile discord.  ;p

• Like 2

Advertisement