General_Jacob

Remove Trees/Bushes/Terrain Objects?

Question

Hey guys, 

Was wondering if anyone had a fix to remove terrain objects such as trees, bushes, rocks etc. I was hoping something on exile functioned like the hide module in the editor but if theres a way to make that happen I suppose I dont know enough yet. I ran a few searches and didnt come up with much so if anyone knows the answer or wants to get creative let me know! Thanks!

Btw, I know terrain editor exists but my friend in charge of the map apparently couldnt load our Namalsk files on there to edit it. If theres an easy solution for that I can send to him I would love a link or two. Thanks again.

19 answers to this question

_location=[x,y,z];  
_objects=["Tree","Bush"];
_radius=5; //radius in meters
_terrainobjects=nearestTerrainObjects [_location,_objects,_radius]; {hideObjectGlobal _x} foreach _terrainobjects;
Spoiler

"TREE", "SMALL TREE", "BUSH", "BUILDING", "HOUSE", "FOREST BORDER", "FOREST TRIANGLE", "FOREST SQUARE", "CHURCH", "CHAPEL", "CROSS", "BUNKER", "FORTRESS", "FOUNTAIN", "VIEW-TOWER", "LIGHTHOUSE", "QUAY", "FUELSTATION", "HOSPITAL", "FENCE", "WALL", "HIDE", "BUSSTOP", "ROAD", "FOREST", "TRANSMITTER", "STACK", "RUIN", "TOURISM", "WATERTOWER", "TRACK", "MAIN ROAD", "ROCK", "ROCKS", "POWER LINES", "RAILWAY", "POWERSOLAR", "POWERWAVE", "POWERWIND", "SHIPWRECK", "TRAIL" 

Edited by WURSTKETTE
  • Like 3

Advertisement
On 12.12.2017 at 8:27 AM, General_Jacob said:

but is there a way to modify this code you gave me here to make an ellipse?

[METHOD NOT WORKING THIS WAY]

Yeh not sure if there is any other method but you prolly have to got with a marker (invisible).

_area1 = createMarker ["area1", [9079.026,11826.048]];
_area1 setMarkerSize [200,100];

foonx_hideobjects = { 
 { 
  _pos = getMarkerPos _x; 
  _size = getMarkerSize _x select 0; 
  _obj = ["TREE","BUSH"];
  {hideObjectGlobal _x} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [_pos, _obj, _size]; 
 } forEach _this; 
}; 

_hideObj = ["area1"]; 

_hideObj call foonx_hideobjects;

[METHOD NOT WORKING THIS WAY]

On 12.12.2017 at 3:03 AM, Bob_the_K said:

So if they say to not edit the .SQM file, then how to fix what the editor "converted"?

Did you uncheck "binarized"?

Edited by WURSTKETTE

I've tried to use this script: 

and adapt it to the Kerama map but haven't been successful.  I'm not at my computer now, but if I recall,  iDanich used this in his script.   Problem is that I haven't been able to get it to work to delete buildings.   I don't want to just hide them, but delete and replace them.   Initially I'm just trying to delete them (one step at a time!).    But buildings don't seem to delete by using coords.  And as far as I know, there's no way to get exact coords for items that are part of the map, even using Infistar.  Any thoughts?

Why don't you do this:

Un-PBO mission file

Open map in editor

Find the areas you wish to be 'clear'

Select the 'Hide Terrain' feature in the default editor

Mark/resize marker

Save

RE-PBO

Done!

No scripts, no mess, just quick, simple and EASY!

MANY videos on this!  Example: 

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

@WURSTKETTE sorry to bother you again but as you've notice by now I'm a bit dumb at this. Would your text go in one of the init files? and if so does that mean I have the option of it being player side or server side? Your patience is boundless for responding to all my questions. 

Advertisement