Midnightclub

Territory data stored outside the db?

Question

Is territory data stored anywhere other than the territories table in the SQL db? The territories table is empty yet I keep getting the 'You've reached the maximum number of territories per person' message so I can't build.

15 answers to this question

I'm not really sure why I'm having a problem then, there's 0 data in the database relating to territories, I even deleted my account - still can't build. Even tried changing the 'Maximum territories per person' entry from 2 to 10, still won't let me build. 

To explain fully, territory vanished because we forgot to pay for it. Made a new territory with the same name as the other one, wouldn't let me upgrade it because it said it was already max level (can only assume it thought it was the now deleted territory). So deleted the entry in the database for our territory, still can't build. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

IF you have a back up of the database before you started deleting the tables I would restore them and try the following:

Table Territory: Delete the "deleted date" and change to Null, Update the last paid date to 24 hours before due date. Click Apply Changes

Table Containers: Search for the same GUID as the territory GUID and delete the "deleted date" and change to Null. Click Apply Changes

Table Constructions: Search for the same GUID as the territory GUID and delete the "deleted date" and change to Null. Click Apply Changes

This should restore the territory, base and all supply boxes etc to the way they were originally. This is the best way to manage territories when rent is not paid IF you are notified before the db tables are flushed (I believe 3 days default).

If your unable to to do the above I would simply try shutting down the server, stopping then restarting the mySQL server and double checking the tables to ensure there is not a deleted date or a blank value (must say Null) in the deleted date for your territory. If there is no territory this should enable you to purchase a flag and start over.

Sorry, I say 'nothing' but the territories tables exists the only thing is 'null' in every box, screen posted below. 

@manOwar_AFD - I did try the process you described in that order using a backup before I deleted the territory, all seemed okay but as soon as I start the server all of the data I've imported disappears. It's worth noting that the backup I have was before it was deleted so there's no 'deleted at' column. 

Thanks for the replies!

exile sql db.PNG

Edited by Midnightclub

The only time I have seen territories be completely deleted is if the rent was due more than three days ago or whatever the timeframe you might have changed for your delete territory setting and your config. 

Advertisement