kuplion

[RELEASE] ExileZ Crashes by [FPS]kuplion - Based on Heli Crashes by Darth Rogue

72 posts in this topic

Current version : v0.7

# ExileZ Crashes by [FPS]kuplion - Based on Heli Crashes by Darth Rogue

This is a modification of Heli Crashes by Darth Rogue to allow it to work with ExileZ Mod and spawn Zombies around the crashes, much like the classic DayZ Mod crash sites.

## Features

• Classic DayZ Mod style crashsites
  • Loot scattered around the wrecks
  • Dynamic Zombie spawning

## Requirements

## Upcoming Changes

• Code optimisation
  • More wrecks / loot positions

## Download

## Installation

1. Edit the main settings in 'exilez_crashes\config.sqf'.
  2. Add 'ExileClient_system_lootManager_thread_spawn.sqf' to your CfgExileCustomCode.
  3. Edit 'exilez_crashes\wrecks\wreckLootPositions.hpp' with any additional wrecks and loot positions.
  4. Make sure too add those wrecks to the config file ('exilez_crashes\config.sqf').
  5. Pack 'exilez_crashes.pbo' with either PBO Manager 1.4b x64 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369) or Eliteness/MikeRo tools if you have them.
  6. Place 'exilez_crashes.pbo' in your '@ExileServer\addons\' folder.

## Donations

If you feel so inclined, donations can be sent to PayPal [email protected]

## Credits

Original code base by Darth_Rogue, Vampire, xBowBii, and Richie

## License
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Edited by kuplion
Added MaxDistance override..
  • Like 16

Advertisement

a question

if I want to get rid of smoke as well I shall do below?

set EZC_crashOnFire to false and

//_effect = "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke";

if(EZC_crashOnFire) then 
	{
		_effect = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig";	
	};

or if I want to give config available to set smoke as well,

if(EZC_crashSmoking) then 
	{
		_effect = "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke";
	};

if(EZC_crashOnFire) then 
	{
	};

and give new config value EZC_crashSmoking = false

wondering as you already set _effect to have smoke as default, then gave an IF condition for fire as well or not.

Update: ahh nvm, I need to have something in like else or so it seems or it'll spit errors saying it can't find anything for _effect if I have both set to false

as well, for my usage, I'm kind of wanting the wrecks to be along side roads, so though if possible of using  ExileClient_util_world_findRoadPosition?

Edited by yukihito23

1 hour ago, yukihito23 said:

a question

if I want to get rid of smoke as well I shall do below?

set EZC_crashOnFire to false and

//_effect = "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke";

if(EZC_crashOnFire) then 
	{
	};

or if I want to give config available to set smoke as well,

if(EZC_crashSmoking) then 
	{
		_effect = "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke";
	};

if(EZC_crashOnFire) then 
	{
	};

and give new config value EZC_crashSmoking = false

wondering as you already set _effect to have smoke as default, then gave an IF condition for fire as well or not.

Update: ahh nvm, I need to have something in like else or so it seems or it'll spit errors saying it can't find anything for _effect if I have both set to false

as well, for my usage, I'm kind of wanting the wrecks to be along side roads, so though if possible of using  ExileClient_util_world_findRoadPosition?

I can definitely look at adding no smoke or fire as an option. And I'll see if I can do something about roads.

6 minutes ago, kuplion said:

I can definitely look at adding no smoke or fire as an option. And I'll see if I can do something about roads.

@kuplion thanks, 

for now I'll just comment out below as well so it doesn't try to step on _effect

//_heliEffect = _effect createVehicle (position _heli);
    //_heliEffect attachto [_heli, [0,0,-1]];

As well, sending you PM...

• Like 1

Updated:

• Removed need to add files to exile_server_config.pbo
  • Removed need to add wrecks to ExileClient_system_lootManager_thread_spawn
  • Added wreck effects toggle
  • Fixed wreck positioning slightly

PLEASE NOTE!! If you used a version prior to v0.5, you will need to remove the wreck loot positions from your 'exile_server_config.pbo' file.

• Like 1

This mod is working great!   A couple of questions though... EZC_triggerRadius    I assume is the player distance from the wreck that starts the zombies spawning in and that  EZC_activationDelay is the actual delay before zombies start spawning in once the trigger is tripped?  And how does that relate to EZC_spawnDelay?  So if I make EZC_activationDelay really low (or zero), they'll start spawning in immediately (at least based on the EZC_spawnDelay value)?  I like that the loot table it's selecting from is "radiation" so some good loot spawns there.  I don't have many wrecks spawning in but I do want the players to work for the really good loot.  So I want to make it difficult to even reach the loot.  On that note,  is there a setting or value that causes the zombies to spawn in closer to the wreck?  Although that may not be an issue if the zombies start spawning almost immediately.  And last question... I assume the number of loot positions spawned in by the wrecks is controlled by the settings in the higher-level Exile loot generation system?   So there wouldn't be a way to spawn loot in less positions than the typical structure?   I guess that was two questions - LOL.

Great job all around!

@Bob_the_K, you've pretty much got it all sussed.

Spawn delay is the time between trigger activation and the first zombie, and then between each subsequent zombie. Respawn delay is how often a zombie is replaced if killed. At the moment, the maximum spawn distance is overridden to 100m (the maximum a zombie will aggro) so they will always (terrain permitting) detect and aggro the player(s), I may look at changing this or making it configurable. The settings in the latest release are pretty much tweaked to be what you've described; the Zombies are on top of the player by the time they've reached the wreck.

Regarding the loot system, yes it's tied to the Exile loot system and so has the same restraints as any other building or object spawning loot.

• Like 1

Advertisement