NateDaBeast

How To Increase Loot

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

New to running an Exile server and I'm just not sure how to increase the loot exactly. I didn't want to make a mistake while I looked around the exile_server_config so thought it would be best to ask.

Thanks for reading.

I'm not at home and can't check my own config file but somewhere there (either in the exile_server_config or the mission file's config.sqf file) is a % coverage for loot as well as number of items per spot spawned. If I recall correctly, it's set to 50% and 2 items per spawn point by default.

The % coverage for loot determines how many of the loot spawn positions in a building will spawn loot and the other specifies how many items will appear at each loot spawn location.

Hopefully that gets you started.

• Like 1

Advertisement

OK here goes.

go  to exile.majormittens.co.uk/downloads

download the loot compiler

in there you will see

LootItemGroups.h and LootTables.h

at the top it shows

Spoiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	// Propability
	///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

<Spawn Chance>,<Item>

10, Banana
	20, Tomato
	30, Cherry

Sum of chances:
	10 + 20 + 30 = 60 = 100%

Spawn chances:
	Banana	10 : 60 = 10 * 100 / 60 = 16.67%
	Tomato	20 : 60 = 20 * 100 / 60 = 33.33%
	Cherry	30 : 60 = 30 * 100 / 60 = 50%

In words: 
	If Exile should spawn an item of the above group, it has a 33.33%
	chance to spawn a Tomato.

so for example

Spoiler

> Food
3, Exile_Item_CookingPot
5, Exile_Item_CanOpener
5, Exile_Item_Matches
3, Exile_Item_EMRE						// 75% Hunger
6, Exile_Item_GloriousKnakworst			// 60% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_Surstromming				// 55% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_SausageGravy				// 50% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_ChristmasTinner			// 40% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_MacasCheese				// 40% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_BBQSandwich				// 40% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_CatFood					// 40% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_Dogfood					// 30% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_BeefParts					// 30% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_Cheathas					// 30% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_DsNuts					// 30% Hunger
7, Exile_Item_Noodles					// 25% Hunger
8, Exile_Item_CockONut					// 20% Hunger
8, Exile_Item_SeedAstics				// 20% Hunger
9, Exile_Item_Raisins					// 15% Hunger
9, Exile_Item_Moobar					// 10% Hunger
11, Exile_Item_InstantCoffee			//  5% Hunger

you add up the amount there and if my math is right thats 144

so lets look at moobar (9, Exile_Item_Moobar)

so thats 9 x 100 / 144 = 6.25

so thats 6.25% chance of that item dropping

so now lets say you wanted to increase the amount of moobars drop rate,

lets change it to

19, Exile_Item_Moobar

new equations

19 * 100 / 155 = 12.25% now, but you also have to calculate the rest as every item now has to be  divided by the new number 155 to get their new %

works the same way for LootTables.h but that is for the categories instead.

so

Spoiler

> CivillianLowerClass
30, Trash
28, Food
10, Drinks
8, Pistols
5, PistolAmmo
3, PistolAttachments
4, Shotguns
3, ShotgunAmmo
4, SMG
3, SMGAmmo
3, SMGAttachments
20, CivilianClothing
11, CivilianBackpacks
5, CivilianVests
20, CivilianHeadgear
10, CivilianItems
1, Restraints
10, Chemlights
10, RoadFlares

so total being 188

so lets use food as an example 28, Food

28 x 100 / 188 = 14.89% chance of food items spawing in buildings that are set for CivillianLowerClass.

Hope this clears things up.

once you change numbers, run the compiler. it will generate a file called CfgLootTables.hpp

then unpbo your Exile_Server_Config.pbo

edit the config.cpp
and replace the class CfgLootTables
{ section

Edited by tinboye
  • Like 1

okay one other question do i need to create it like this

/*
Percental Item Group Spawn Chances of Industrial:

Restraints      = 4.35%
RoadFlares      = 13.04%
Vehicle         = 21.74%
Trash           = 26.09%
IndustrialItems = 34.78%
*/

or like this ?

Percental Item Group Spawn Chances of Industrial:

Restraints      = 4.35%
RoadFlares      = 13.04%
Vehicle         = 21.74%
Trash           = 26.09%
IndustrialItems = 34.78%

So with the new loot system how would I increase the number of places that loot spawns in a particular building?  I've got 20 loot positions defined but at any given time, loot only spawns in a few of them - perhaps 5 places.   How would I increase that to use more of the available positions?  I've gone through the forums and can only find how to do it with the old compiler and that doesn't seem to apply any more.

@Bob_the_K, in the config.cpp file of your mission file there is a section for loot config. In there you can specify the % coverage of loot in buildings as well as the maximum used in each building and a number of other features.

So, (for example) it might be set to 50% coverage and 5 max loot spots per building. Assuming a building with 20 positions and those settings, only 5 would be populated. In the case of a building with say 4 loot spawns, it would pick 2 of them because it's set to 50% and it's under 5. You can also specify how many items at each loot spawn location.... I believe it's 2 by default.

So, just change those  values as you need:

• maximumPositionCoverage is the % of loot spawn positions that CAN be chosen in a building
  • maximumNumberOfLootSpotsPerBuilding is the max limit once the above number has been chosen
  • maximumNumberOfItemsPerLootSpot is the number of item drops per position chosen

Hopefully you can find your way from there.

With regards the loot system, you would only be playing with that if you want to change the chance of an item spawning or what is spawning on the server and under what circumstances.

• Like 1

Thanks!   I was looking in the server config files... I've added CrazyMike's Extended items and I got tires, engines, etc. to spawn in but at too low a number.  After running around for nearly two hours I only found one tire for example.  I'm going to set advanced vehicle repair to require actual parts, not just duct tape.  All my non persistent vehicles spawn in with some percentage of damage.  And a few other things, too...

Yup, I've got all that on my server too (Except the advanced vehicle repair). Loving it myself and I used the loot table compiler to create plenty more different categories of building so players can target their looting experience a bit more depending on what they are after.

Enjoy mucking around with the loot side of things! It's probably what I spent the most time on other than building new areas to explore. I also mix it up from time to time and adjust the loot levels of different items so one thing or another is harder to find for a while :) Keeps my players on their toes..... 

On 6/24/2017 at 1:36 AM, Riker2335 said:

Yup, I've got all that on my server too (Except the advanced vehicle repair). Loving it myself and I used the loot table compiler to create plenty more different categories of building so players can target their looting experience a bit more depending on what they are after.

Enjoy mucking around with the loot side of things! It's probably what I spent the most time on other than building new areas to explore. I also mix it up from time to time and adjust the loot levels of different items so one thing or another is harder to find for a while :) Keeps my players on their toes..... 

Hi Riker, I am almost ready to start the configuration of my server, I would love to pick your brains about it if you have some time to do that soon.

MinkiSan

@MinkiSan Happy to help where I can. I just have a 'vision' for what I want my server to feel like and I muck around with the tool until I get what I'm after. I then monitor what the most popular equipment is and adjust availability, sometimes even having things appear in unusual or unexpected locations to give people a surprise.

Either post here so others might be able to gain some knowledge/ideas in the future or just PM me.

Advertisement