SpeedBirdNam

Battleye "Scripts.log" is huge.

Question

Hello All.

Our Exile and Exile HC has started crashing a few weeks ago. We decided to do a fresh install, and while copying over the config files from the live server, we noticed that the "\Battleye\Scripts.log" file was in excess of 11GB and growing by the second.

I have googled the issue but can't find anything on it. I imagine reading a while back that the logging can be turned off.

Could someone please help me with this issue?

Why is it happening?

How can we fix it?

Your quickest response would be greatly appreciated. Exile crashes about every 2 hrs. I suspect it is due to the size of the log file.

Kind Regards

SpeedBirdNam

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Hi @SpeedBirdNam

WHat a monster you have on your hands. That log is definatly why your server is crashing. I would try & remove whatever is spamming the logs. In the meantime turn off Battleye logging.

Turn off Battleye logging in your server command line:

bepath=<path>

-bepath=<path> By default BattlEye will create BattlEye folder inside server profile folder. With -bepath param it is possible to specify a custom folder. For example:
-bepath=C:\MyBattlEyeFolder, or if the path contains spaces, "-bepath=C:\Users\KK\Desktop\Some Folder With Spaces" (enclosed in quotes).

Advertisement
46 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

Mine was doing the same thing because of R3F movement mod. We have some lines set to log but not kick. We delete the scripts.log file weekly to maintain it and add an empty scripts.log file back to the server. 

scripts are placed in there for a reason, so i wouldnt put a blank script in its place

Hmm. Haven't had any problem with it yet. I just create a blank scripts.log file and replace the old one. Once the scripts.log gets above 1 gig you can no longer open it with notepad++ or Visual Studio. As soon as I drop the blank one it goes right back to overwriting it with the log. 

3 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

scripts are placed in there for a reason, so i wouldnt put a blank script in its place

if it was the scrips.txt file then i see what you mean but its only the .log file ment for admins to see what players are getting up to so can be deleted. it will make a new one when the server starts 

3 hours ago, fifthmanstanding said:

Hmm. Haven't had any problem with it yet. I just create a blank scripts.log file and replace the old one. Once the scripts.log gets above 1 gig you can no longer open it with notepad++ or Visual Studio. As soon as I drop the blank one it goes right back to overwriting it with the log. 

yes deleting the .log file is 100% safe as the server will make a new one when needed bit if the file size gets that big go over the .log file before deleting it 

4 minutes ago, TheJ3wishTurban said:

yes deleting the .log file is 100% safe as the server will make a new one when needed bit if the file size gets that big go over the .log file before deleting it 

Out of curiosity, what do you use to view it when it's that big? Both Visual Studio and Notepad++ refuse to open it on account of its filesize. 

the say scripts.log yes it is ok to delete the log eachtime but to be honest i wouldnt untill you put those logs into the script.txt otherwise you will have the same logs again and agin.

Doing all the battleye stuff is easy and its better doing the old manual way

Advertisement