Fewture

Game stopped during power outage now DB is corrupted?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

I was playing on the Exile server I've had set up for a while. The power flickered and my box shut down. When I restarted the game, I kept getting the ghost spawn weeds. I figured something got corrupted by the abrupt shutdown, so I cleared the all the tables in the DB. No change. I've re-run my Exile SQL to repopulate the DB. No change.

I'm no expert, but I've been running the server for about a year and I cant figure out what is going on. Any suggestions?

some of the actual files could have been corrupt, if you have backups, readd to the server, reupload exileserver files, mission pbo etc

verify arma3server files

Advertisement

Hello Fewture,

I know it will not help you now, what I do, is my my Exile start-up batch file, I make a copy of the DB every time the server reboots.  So in the worse case, you lose just one session of 'stuff'.

I also have a backup directory which mirrors the real ones (sorta), in which I put all modified files such as the exile-server-config.pbo.

This way, if something should 'blow-up' like with you, or like a stupid mistake as I have made, I can 'un-do' that mistake in seconds.

But the chance of your DB being corrupt is slim....it is possible though.

A good 'test' is to change your steam id in the db to, as an example, 76xxx to 77xxx, then log in.  Exile will 'see you' as a new player.  Make sure you change ALL OF THEM!

If it works, then you know most things are 'working'.  You then go back and change the 77 back to a 76.

This is a 'quick and dirty' way to test the DB.

Good luck!

:)

Thanks for the response guys. Here is where I am at:

I deleted the exile server folder. I verified all my Arma files through steam. Everything is legit.

I created a new server file, copied the arma server files, the exile mod files, and the exile server files. Fixed the extdb.ini

I deleted the entire DB then repopulated it with the exile.sql file. The tables are there but are empty. Totally cherry.

When I log into the server, I am STILL getting weeds. When I check the DB for account or player, it is blank. No entries.

I am at my wits end.  Thoughts?

Edited by Fewture

Hello,

You should have NEVER deleted those files!  Let's say a setting got 'changed' in the ini file.  You fixed it, then you restore everything back.  NEVER DELETE WITHOUT BACKING-UP FIRST!!!  NEVER!

As you know or may not know, TYPICALLY, the 'weeds' thing is Exile not speaking to the DB/DB not responding to Exile.  And typically, this is a setting issue.

#1 - Try using the 32 or 64 which ever your NOT currently using.

#2 - Make sure you're using ExtDB2 and NOT ExtDB3 - Some people on here have reported 'issues', I do not know if they have resolved those issues or not.

#3 - Read this post.  This guy has the same issue (sorta).  It will point you to things to do/try.  See: 

:)

• Like 1

Unfurnatelly, weed error is like a shit. It could be anything. I was stucked too much time with it. In my case, i've tested a lot of things, re-donwloaded exile and arma 3 dedicated server again, started all fresh again and stills get this error. And i didn't get any rtp, or extdb errors logs =(

On my case, i realized that i'm not using the database name as exile. I've changed it to exilenew, and even changed all confs to exilenew, it still don't works =P
So, i changed all back to exile databasename, and for my happiness and luck, the weed error was gone. So I rename dtabase, and restore my old database, it still works.

I don't knew the reason, but if i try use another database name different from exile it don't works.

Could be stupid, but are you using exile as database name? If not, try change.

Edited by joew00

if you look at the exile.sql file it actually says in there

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `exile` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 */;
USE `exile`;

so you can either change that to something else, OR just delete that from the sql file

then it should import fine,

As long as your extdb-conf.ini matches things, then things should work regardless of the db name, also if your not using root user/pass to access the db, it wont allow connection. you would need to create a new ussername/pass and give it permissions to the new db.

Advertisement