Monkeynutz

UID spawn locations

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am trying to implement some custom code into the server by calling to a .sqf in the mission file for UID based spawn locations. I have got this script working:

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1234567890"]) then {
    _this = createMarkerLocal ["Player1", [9972.93,12058.3,0]];
    _this setMarkerTextLocal "Test";
    _this setMarkerTypeLocal "ExileSpawnZone";    
    _this setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";
};

So far, the script adds a marker in the desired location when the player with that UID joins the game and adds an option to spawn there for that player only but as far as the spawning goes, it makes you spawn at the very bottom left corner of the map. I'm thinking that when the marker is set locally, it is then not setting an actual spawn position, therefore you spawn down there. If i remove "Local" from the end of each create and set option, like so:

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1234567890"]) then {
    _this = createMarker ["Player1", [9972.93,12058.3,0]];
    _this setMarkerText "Test";
    _this setMarkerType "ExileSpawnZone";    
    _this setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
};

it works fine but then the problem is that everyone in the server can see and use this marker. which is not the intended use of it. I need this script to work that only the player with that UID can see and spawn at that location. If i can make it so that the marker is set for everyone but only that desired person can see it, that would be a start but i cannot figure this out. Then i would need it to be hidden in the spawn menu for everyone but that player and i can't do that either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

try and take a look at 

ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show.sqf 

and 

ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_event_onSpawnButtonClick.sqf

Doesn't work tried it >:| thanks man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metalman10 said:

@GamingAtDeathsDoor ill see if i can make something but!

*** disclaimer ***

because everyone here is so damn touching and emo,

i am no coding expert. I just know what i know. SO in other words im not very good but good enough. So dont flip shit if what i give you doesnt work or isnt clean.

Or was stolen from someone else.

• Like 2

@Metalman10 @kuplion Lol It'd be great if something could be figured out because im testing this sort of spawn-in with Admins for now and potentially other players but the last thing i need is a map covered with spawns not needed. I want this to run so that only the player that has it can see it you see... :P Need a way of allowing local client spawn locations to be enabled and not throw them in the sea :)

Advertisement