=CF=Dragunov

New A3_DMS Static "Radioactive Mission" (Defent's Mission System)

9 posts in this topic

radio5.jpg

Hi All,

This is my first mission for a3_dms, the idea was to bring some fun use for the radioactive area, gas_masks, radioactive marker, the ghost hotel, etc. With the gas_masks the vision gets a little distorted, sounds are baffled, spatial orientation is weird, so the mission itself is simple, not many difficulties - add the radioactivity and the environment is the main setback there. The area is already an awesome place, so not many objects were placed, I added some objects just as an example in case the admin wants to add custom objects. BTW, this original mission is for Altis, the Ghost Hotel area in Iraklia. Thx @Defent for the awesomeness!

Download:    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DvfhcBxwVS24vBFjUBJipyWgVZiNJW87  -  mission and download link tested Jan28th, 2019

- - - - 

radio0.jpgradio2.jpg

radio1.jpgradio3.jpg

radio4.jpg

Install instructions and how to activate radiation - Install as a regular static mission, some additional steps are required because of the radiation location and affected area:

Five steps for installing Radiation Mission:

Add as a regular static mission:

Changes in a3_dms:

1 - Just drop radiation.sqf           in a3_dms static missions folder:  \a3_dms\missions\static\

2 - Just drop radiation_objects.sqf   in a3_dms static objects folder:   \a3_dms\objects\static

3 - Edit \a3_dms\map_configs\altis_config.sqf and add "radiation" to the missions list and "radiation_objects" to its objects list.

4 - ENABLE the radioactive area in Exile.Altis mission pbo and set the POSITION for it:
In config.cpp inside Exile.Altis.pbo search and adjust: (this will set the place and size of the contaminated area)

Spoiler

class Radiation 
    {
        enable = 1; // 1 = enabled, 0 = disabled

contaminatedZones[] = 
        {
            //{{21869.2, 20971.5, 0}, 10, 25},    // Just the device is radioactive to ease things, or:    
            {{21845.1, 20977.6, 30}, 350, 400}    // Whole mission area is radioactive
        };            
    };

5 - ADD the marker in mission.sqm inside Exile.Altis.pbo - note you must set your own Item number and total to this "class Markers" section:

Spoiler

class Item11 // hotel device
        {
            position[] = {21869.2,0,20971.5};
            name = "ContaminatedZoneICBMHit1";
            text = "";
            markerType = "ELLIPSE";
            type = "ExileContaminatedZone";
            colorName = "ColorBlack";
            fillName = "Border";
            a = 25;
            b = 25;
            drawBorder = 0;
        };     

Check if the number of items in "class Markers" is increased correctly otherwise the server won't start.

- - - -                 

Mission objects were added for you to customize your mission, check the objects file to see how simple it is!

That's it!
=CF=Dragunov

- My other a3_dms missions:

Edited by =CF=Dragunov
New download link. Fifth step added to install
  • Like 2

Advertisement
1 minute ago, Crazy Mike said:

a place on altis, static missions have everything at set coordinates thus everything placed in this static mission would probably be floating above in or under the ocean on tanoa

ahhh...ok.  maybe you could answer a question i have.   i am trying to place a flag in a radiation zone and cannot.  is there a setting somewhere that i can make it so i can build in a rad zone?

Advertisement