Monkeynutz

Ammo and flares display in HUD

9 posts in this topic

In other Arma 3 game modes, there is a little display in the HUD that when you are in a vehicle, it displays the amount of ammo in the guns and flares left etc. I know there is the fuel, airspeed and altitude implemented into the Exile HUD but it's lacking the information when you are in a Helicopter, Plane or in the gunner of a vehicle that displays weapon ammo and countermeasures availible and when in a vehicle such as the Pawnee which does not have a pilot HUD displayed, you cant see how much ammo you have left or how much you've used. I understand that with it being a scripted HUD for Exile, it changes the layout but this feature would be a nice addition to the default HUD.

(See picture below for example of what i mean.

Any comments and help would be appreciated

hellcat hud.PNG

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Thrash said:

This has been a complaint about Exile since the first week it came out, the Arma 3 HUD has really useful information on it.

3 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

might be some way to disables exiles disable of arma 3 hud, and its probably pretty simple, just got to know where to look i guess

I sent Eichi a link via Twitter as a suggestion for the next update or future update so hopefully we get this information displayed :D *Fingers crossed*

39 minutes ago, GamingAtDeathsDoor said:

I sent Eichi a link via Twitter as a suggestion for the next update or future update so hopefully we get this information displayed :D *Fingers crossed*

Why not post it and tag him here?

yes please. bump bump :,q have been looking around a bunch for an hour or so and can't find anything useful... really hope it has not just been forgotten since this post is about a year old now :(

i found out how to enable the hud and stuff in sp etc etc but i have read that exile blocks it, at least the hud part. (for some reason exile (when using standard flight model..) blocks the standard flight on all vtol's but heli's and planes are fine.. :/ :q)
it would be perfect if i could somehow enable the hud but without the actuall advanced flight mechanics :q :) or just some mod that adds some flight hud would be sweet

This is Exile ffs, not a flight simulator or military sim. It's a survival mod where players only need to know the basics like health, hunger and thirst. why the hell would you want the viewing area cluttered with crap. The ui for Exile shows enough info in the right places without obscuring your view. Want more on screen ? Go play Take on helicopters or actually play Arma 3. O.o

i agree Exile is ffs and  a survival mod but Users can choose how to survive

Like use An2, Cessna

This is the default function of the exile.

Even if you do not use a weapon need the function to see the engine power. Because of the basic flight structure of Arma3

Of course this is my think. But many users will think the same.

i can not infringe developer's view. Just my thoughts Do not misunderstand :

I have been trying to find out how to do this for a week (that's a long time for me lol) & coming up empty-handed, I've been on a server with the vanilla Arma vehicles hud's enabled but for the life of me, i can't remember what server it was to go and ask its admin.

My server is fully militarised so having this hud would be so damn helpful, so does anyone know how to override this or add it along with the Exile Mod hud?

We still survive we just do it in the air and on the ground :P

• Like 1

Advertisement