Boewi91

Arma Hud in Exile

7 posts in this topic

Hello there, is it possible to use the standart Arma 3 HUD? Many Informations are missing in the Exile HUD on my Server and i would like to have the original Arma 3 HUD.

Thanks a Lot

Advertisement
34 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Not really, since that doesn't bring up standard ARMA HUD.

showHUD is what disables the native default Arma 3 HUD options if you look at the biwiki you will see.

[hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors, panels]

I'm aware of showHUD, still it's not possible with just editing the showHUD section.

This was discussed many times in the board since exile started, there are different ways to bring back the hud or making a own with informations needed but it's kinda work, lotta overwrites.

On 28.7.2016 at 1:10 AM, WolfkillArcadia said:

You "can" bring back the UI for default Arma and disable Exile's, but it's going to be per server basis and will require some overwrites. 

You cannot move the UI without editing the RscTitles entry. I don't think this class allows for a description.ext overwrite so you wouldn't be able to change via the mission. You can't change it via your client because you won't be able to join any server as the bikey would be wrong.

The placement of the UI is also based off where everything else is in the game.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

I have a question as I have a exile server, and I had it on altis for it a little bit, then switched over to chernarus. On Altis I was fine and had a HUD, but once I switched to Chernarus I didnt have a HUD, all I could see was how much ammo/mags I have, and how much percent my food/drink. I was wondering if this is a mission file issue, or maybe I've done something.

@Lil' Weedie do you mean the status bar at the bottom of the screen?

If so, that's not standard in Exile and is commonly installed as part of ExAd but is available as a separate add-on. The core Exile HUD is what you described that you had on Cherno.

Advertisement