MGTDB

[release] Safe lock picking

36 posts in this topic

Credit goes to @second_coming  for his original code for another Arma 3 mod that had base building 9_9
This is converted for Exile

Source Bitbucket

Installation

1. Place a3_exile_autolockpicker.pbo in your @ExileServer\addons\ folder
2. Edit your mission file adding in the contents of each file to the relevant files, add contents of initPlayerLocal to bottom of existing file
3. Add the respective whitelists into the Battleye filters

Note: I use Exile Laptop (not removed) and 2 x power cords (removed) on each attempt, if you use power cords I suggest removing them from traders, or change MaterialRequired2 in AutoLockPicker.sqf to another item

There are options to use this to lockpick vehicles, but I haven't tested those yet

Updated 05072017

Will alert other players on the server that a safe is being cracked
Logs safe cracking to server root if using infiSTAR
Better prevention of cheat methods to bypass safe hacking
Higher chance of success depending on player count on server

Edited by MGTDB
  • Like 10

Advertisement

Its a nice concept, however the opening of the safe seems to be to instantaneous, it would work much better if it had a progress bar like fixing vehicles or hotwiring them that worked very slowly and had a chance of breaking while working.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a proper death check require a loop in a scenario like this? The script is rather fast and the only loops are post fail for electrocution, and to remove the 2 expendable items. You could place the death check in the electrocution loop, but at that point the safe is still locked and the script completing isn't hurting anything. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding this.

Edited by oSoDirty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oSoDirty said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a proper death check require a loop in a scenario like this? The script is rather fast and the only loops are post fail for electrocution, and to remove the 2 expendable items. You could place the death check in the electrocution loop, but at that point the safe is still locked and the script completing isn't hurting anything. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding this.

No ur fine man I was a bit vague. No ur correct to my knowledge,  I'm just kinda speculateing on it... not sure if this a know issue or specific to my situation.  Basically in a nut shell.  If you die u loose the option to try and pick the safe.  And the only way I've found to fix this issue is a soft log.  So ur right. Maby could do a call in the death on player, or on player create Bambi  to call the script to start again? 

Edited by DIamond

8 hours ago, Skelly said:

Its a nice concept, however the opening of the safe seems to be to instantaneous, it would work much better if it had a progress bar like fixing vehicles or hotwiring them that worked very slowly and had a chance of breaking while working.

You can set the chance of success/electrocution in Autolockpicker.sqf

SuccessChanceVehicles				= 30;
SuccessChanceExileDoors				= 20;
ElectrocuteChance 					= 30;
InflictDamage 						= true;
MinimumDamage 						= 20;
MaximumDamage 						= 30;
StunTime 							= 15;

So you can make it as easy or as hard as you like. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2016 at 11:25 PM, Skryp _ LotzoTheUltraBear said:

There is a other LockpickingScript online somewhere , which we are using on our Server. In this u need a tool to lockpick and it take some time! Don't now if the script above is too easy ...

The other script includes locking picking on anything that can be locked. which nullifies the need for explosives, which is OP - IMO.

Advertisement