EmersePredator

[CLOSED] Donation Perks ?

15 posts in this topic

Well the scope is limited these days but on my server we offer:

1. Make donators exempt from lobby idle kicks. using the admin list in BEC.

2. Custom Territory Flag of their choosing.

3.  Use of our squad URL if they want.

Not sure what else could really be offered, anything else i thought of kinda fell into the realm of 'in return for in game items'.

Advertisement
4 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Most people will only donate with the expectation of getting something in return. They don't see having a decent server to play on as enough of a reason to cough up.

This.

Our server has no handouts whatsoever. What's the point of playing this game if you get everything handed to you. That being said, why would anyone run a hardcore server and just give everything away when somebody asks for it.

It's understandable that admins want to have a happy playerbase, so they give out cars, weapons, money etc. The problem with this imo is that it takes the fun out of the game. It's basically hacking by proxy ;)

5 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Most people will only donate with the expectation of getting something in return. They don't see having a decent server to play on as enough of a reason to cough up.

Sadly this is true.  Luckily my server doesn't depend on them to survive, but many do.  Lots of entitled, ungrateful so and so's around these days.

Players definitely have no idea of the amount work involved running a server let alone administering it in game. I pretty much only do the server side stuff and very rarely get in game. I probably spend at least 20+ hours a week on it.

• Like 4

Advertisement