Akumu ikari

Eden Update

17 posts in this topic

With the release of the Eden editor (3D Editor). I noticed it generated a different mission.sqm file.

Now i could be an idiot and think that since the Eden editor came out that we could make the map to how we want our server to be (setting up trader locations ect) like you would do in the 2D editor. Has anyone tried to replicate what the 2d method was in 3d? Else if you can't then ill have to work in the 2d version for now. 

Also i noticed that when "Arma 3 Apex" is released the 2d editor will go? So what does this mean for those that have been using the 2d editor to make the maps up to do it in the 3d editor?

Or am i missing something and you can exactly what you normal would do in the 2d editor and make the mission file and the rest up in the 3d and it would all work?

Hopefully what i said didn't seem confusing. Anyone shed any light to this?

I completely reworked my Lingor server which took me about 4 weeks and redid my mission completely with the Eden Editor in about 4 hours and right now as I speak I have about 35 player on it.

So no there is no issues with making it work. Sorry to have to say this , but the Maca's MEditor while great in it's days is pretty much done now. 

Hint: Use the search feature on the Right column when looking for anything exile. Once you see it You will see what I mean....

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Falcon911 said:

I completely reworked my Lingor server which took me about 4 weeks and redid my mission completely with the Eden Editor in about 4 hours and right now as I speak I have about 35 player on it.

So no there is no issues with making it work. Sorry to have to say this , but the Maca's MEditor while great in it's days is pretty much done now. 

Hint: Use the search feature on the Right column when looking for anything exile. Once you see it You will see what I mean...

I'm still using m3editor without an issue. I just click on 2D editor and I can use it still.

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm still using m3editor without an issue. I just click on 2D editor and I can use it still.

I know a fella that drives a Model T Ford :)

• Like 1

Without a reliable SQF output Eden is pretty much useless for mapping missions or additional server side buildings.

I can go in, drop a single unit and play then use M3editor as always, its a little quirky but it can output the correct file type 

• Like 1

Well it's not a direct export to sqf, but allows you to edit mission using eden then open m3editor and have objects you have placed recognized by m3. From there you can use m3 the way you used to. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

1 hour ago, McFurSun said:

Well it's not a direct export to sqf, but allows you to edit mission using eden then open m3editor and have objects you have placed recognized by m3. From there you can use m3 the way you used to. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Not sure why you'd bother with Eden. It sounds like it's an extra step. Just load up the editor with m3editor and place all the items that way. Is there an advantage to placing objects with Eden? 

As far as creating spawn points and trader cities, I've always used m3editor for that. For the spawn points, I just place an object and export the sqf to notepad++ and get the coordinates and for the trader cities, I've always made them in m3editor, then placed barrels again to get the coordinates for the traders. Maybe I'm missing something since I've never played regular Arma 3 and thus never made missions.

EDEN is infitley smoother and more pleasing to use than the M3 editor.. other than the fact it doesnt export, its boss

Advertisement