Sign in to follow this  
dobrowney

Sleeping bag (spawn point)

15 posts in this topic

Was looking in the files of arma and seen a sleeping bag backpack that you can unpack and make a spawn point.  Like to see this added to exile. Where you can buy the sleeping bag, place it down and it would save over the db.  Then if you died the sleeping bag would come up as a spawn point.  If someone found it though, it could be packed up and you would loose that spawn point.

Edited by dobrowney
  • Like 4

There is also a bodybag... and you could loose all your gear and stuff, base blown up etc.
That would be cool ?

Problem is thit; death doesnt matter anymore in these bambi-friendly games.
People give a shit what they do in-game, as it is so easy to come back and have all like before. And then go and make new stupid things.

When death is done to made to cause pain and suffer, players get much better in their gaming.
What happens; they start to communicate and be much, much more cautious as they should be.

Advertisement

This has ceen talk about here.

And I have to go with bear on this again.

8JmZwz8.jpg

And it is for the obvious reason, say that you and your crew decide to attack my base. You place down you respawn point and start shooting at me. I would be under siege the whole night, because you guys would just respawn at your sleeping bag if I killed you, run to you gear and start shooting. So the bear is right on this. Nooooo.

• Like 2

And it is for the obvious reason, say that you and your crew decide to attack my base. You place down you respawn point and start shooting at me. I would be under siege the whole night, because you guys would just respawn at your sleeping bag if I killed you, run to you gear and start shooting. So the bear is right on this. Nooooo.

+1

8JmZwz8.jpg

+1

They could make it, so you can only do this in your own terriortory. Easy fix:) + they can make it so this can only happen once a hour. 

Edited by Inactive
  • Like 1

Ive seen this system (using beds) on a very popular Overpoch server. It works better than it sounds, honestly. Players are limited to one single "bed" spawn, that costs an absolute fortune and can be destroyed by other players. Most players chose to put them in their bases. However, you cannot use said bed if you were killed within 200m of it. 

I really like it and know it's popular on A2 servers. It adds longevity as it gives players another longer term goal (save enough for a bed in my base to make spamwing easier!), it adds incentives to base raids (lets break in and smash up their beds and cost them a fortune to replace!), it doesnt really detract from game it just takes some other more tedious parts of dieing out of the equation, i.e. cycling/running 3-4 KM.

You still dont want to die as you will still lose kit and/or the objective you are trying to obtain. And the spawn location may actually not always be the one you chose.  Even if you decide to attack a base with players inside, it still means they cannot respawn there once they are dead. 

If implemented correctly and with balance, I personally i dont think it's much of an issue and think it adds more to the game that it sacrifices. 

• Like 1

8JmZwz8.jpg

-1. Have you ever played planetside2. It is like this. It makes you get out of your base and hunt for it.  This is not dayz or epoch.. like to see more tools to pvp and not pve.  Dayz, epoch and breaking point have done the hardcore collect and hide gameplay.  It is time for something new don't you think.  

Ive seen this system (using beds) on a very popular Overpoch server. It works better than it sounds, honestly. Players are limited to one single "bed" spawn, that costs an absolute fortune and can be destroyed by other players. Most players chose to put them in their bases. However, you cannot use said bed if you were killed within 200m of it. 

I really like it and know it's popular on A2 servers. It adds longevity as it gives players another longer term goal (save enough for a bed in my base to make spamwing easier!), it adds incentives to base raids (lets break in and smash up their beds and cost them a fortune to replace!), it doesnt really detract from game it just takes some other more tedious parts of dieing out of the equation, i.e. cycling/running 3-4 KM.

You still dont want to die as you will still lose kit and/or the objective you are trying to obtain. And the spawn location may actually not always be the one you chose.  Even if you decide to attack a base with players inside, it still means they cannot respawn there once they are dead. 

If implemented correctly and with balance, I personally i dont think it's much of an issue and think it adds more to the game that it sacrifices. 

+1. I think I played there.  I got the idea from playing on an epoch server back in arma 2 dayz

• Like 1

Like the idea, most likely will start working on it tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Advertisement