CrazyCorky

Branch Out... Use different map!

36 posts in this topic

I wanted to start up a a discussion on why so many people flock to the same old maps for Exile and just about any mod for Arma 3?

I know the usual argument is that they know the map and feel comfortable on it... Yes I understand people want a player base off the bat and don't want people to have to download more addons...

Why not start a server on a different map not seen by many... I like seeing some of the different stuff out there and each map has it's own little quirks! I know a few people are working on different maps, but I still wish there was more of a variety of servers running some one of the lesser seen maps.

If you use a less popular map

• People will not be able to join the server, chances are they don't have it downloaded.
  • You will get no new players.
  • No one will want to switch to a new map to play on an empty server.

So its a bad idea, unless you have such a big community that you can kick start a server without any issues. 

Advertisement
7 minutes ago, GR8 said:

So its a bad idea, unless you have such a big community that you can kick start a server without any issues. 

While I understand where you're coming from, sometimes you have to be innovative to get people interested.

But I'll also say I don't have the same mindset as the average survival player.

3 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Well I know for a fact Exile will be using a new map within the next few months if it gets finished :) Won't require AiA either

You talking about Tonoa?

Start your own server with another map, see how it goes.

The reason why nobody plays on "other" maps isn't because no one hasn't tried it. It is because those maps suck.

Taunus and Tanoa might change that, but that's months away.

27 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

2 versions of it will be released. One with AiA and one without but i'm guessing its because the type of buildings used within aia

Oh the horror...

2 minutes ago, POLM_GekkeGerrit said:

"Its because those maps suck" is an opinion, not a fact.

Certainly. 

And if a lot of people disagreed with me, there would be dozens of populated servers running other maps.

Esseker, Altis and Chernarus is what the playerbase wants. There's the odd Taviana and Lingor server that reach a high player base too. Other than that, the vox populi have spoken.

Advertisement