KingAlmond

[How To] Prevent people from logging out in safezone

12 posts in this topic

Advertisement

What's the problem with people logging out in a safe zone?
You can't force your players to do stuff... Only thing you can do is to ban them all for "rules violation" ;)

I'm trying to set up a Sector B area like there used to be on Taviana.  So I don't want people building there (I know how to set that)  but also don't want people to be able to log out there, wait a few minutes for the AI to settle down, and then log back in, thereby defeating the difficulty of the mission.  Those that have played the A2 version of Taviana are very familiar with that.   It adds to the challenge of the mission.

Esc-altf4 will always work. But you can take the kill on combat log script and modify it to kill players which logout within certain position.

True but if you recall from the A2/Taviana days, if they rage-quit, it won't allow respawn/re-login into the no-logout zone either.  It'd dump them somewhere outside the "zone" when they log back in.

8 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

True but if you recall from the A2/Taviana days, if they rage-quit, it won't allow respawn/re-login into the no-logout zone either.  It'd dump them somewhere outside the "zone" when they log back in.

a thread in here somewhere mentioned detecting proximity on log on and teleporting player to safe distance, sorry cant remember what it was called but it was on the forums, could be what you need

• Like 1

Advertisement