Sign in to follow this  
bonez

GTXgaming server

Question

hey guys my friend just rented a small server from GTXgaming and its already on and everything but i dont know how to edit my database and players and other stuff i use to work on a dedicated server before and i used xampp now here is diff for me so if someone can please just direct me to the right way on how to edit the DB and stuff on those kinda servers .

14 answers to this question

Advertisement

do understand, what you are asking for is very lengthily and quite detailed.  a 'class' in this, done properly, could be up to 2-3 hours in length.

it is not a simple '1, 2, 3' act.

best bet is to first learn how to backup the DB AND RESTORE IT!!!

do this FIRST!  and TRY IT!  do NOT THINK you know how, DO IT!  ONE simple mistake will TRASH THE DB!

changing the db is simple, once you understand stuff.  also, look on youtube for stuff on myphpadmin...which is an EXCELLENT program to do anything with your db.

:)

• Like 1

It's not connected? They may have messed up somewhere in the creation process, you could ask them to verify everything is okay, just send them that link and the problem, and if you are trying to edit a player, you(the player) needs to be in the lobby before editing takes place.

Make sure you have the user etc set correctly for the database, and I would suggest making sure the user account has full access to the SQL database

If I were you I would stay as far away from GTX Gaming as you can. They are absolutely horrible with their service and updates. I had then for 3 days and dumped them when they forced me to wipe my files to install the exile update

I've had nothing but good experience with GTX until the past few days. I cannot update my infistar PBO without it getting overwritten by another one. I literally delete my inifistar pbo, upload the new one with changes, and it reverts back to the one I just fucking deleted. Its pissing me the fuck off. I dont have their version installed either, just my paid version. Talk about a frustrating pain in my ass. I'm thinking about going with another hosting company next month.

Advertisement