James007

Unexplainable bugs

Question

I am in desperate need of help because of a game breaking bug on my server. Basically some infistar scripts are not working and when I enter the combat state (when you fire a shot and you are in like a "combat state where you can't log out and can't build), my character never leaves it unless i die / reconnect. I can fix these issues temporarily however by wiping my database. Doing so fixes it for an unknown ammount of time. I tried it just now and it worked for around 15 minutes flawlessly. However, as soon as I tried to do an ai mission and had ai shooting at me, it all broke and stopped working. Server rpt for anyone wanting to help, i'm done atm, tried to fix this the entire week and no luck. https://pastebin.com/x3Lsffut

10 answers to this question

The advice here will be the same as given in the Discord; backup and then rebuild from scratch, add one script/addon at a time and test before adding the next.

• Like 1

I guess, I was just hoping there was any way to identify the problem other than remaking it all from scratch. I don't even understand what triggers the bug and why.

Advertisement

Hello @James007,

I know you do not like the advice posted by @kuplion, sadly it is true.  I do not know how many times I tell people the same thing.

Such As:

Or

Or

You need to read and FOLLOW COMPLETELY an up-to-date tutorial and MAKE BACKUPS AT EVERY STAGE!!!

If you do the above, you CAN BE up and running in less than one hour!  It is NOT hard!  BUT, you MUST know something about ARMA MP and have some knowledge of ARMA scripting.  If you do not, when the first problem shows up...and IT WILL, you will not know what to do.  In that case:  USE GOOGLE!  Notice, I did not say ASK HERE, that is what LAZY PEOPLE DO!

Example:  site:exile.majormittens.co.uk my issue

The above will search THIS SITE ONLY for your 'problem'.  If it is an ARMA issue, just search like this then:  arma my issue

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

I got it working perfectly when I only had infistar and dms enabled. As soon as I enabled my mods and my mission file, it all stopped working as soon as I tp'd onto a dms mission and started shooting. 

On 4/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, James007 said:

As soon as I enabled my mods

I think you have not understood Kuplion correctly . Your statement sounds as if you have installed all the mods and then tested .

What Kuplion tried to explain to you was the following:

Step 1: Install your server WITHOUT any Mod except Exile. Start it, test it ........ works --> Step 2

Step 2: Install infiSTAR. Start the server and test it ........ works --> Step 3

Step 3: Install ONE of your Mods. Start the server and test it ...... works --> Step 4

Step 4: Repeat Step 3, everytime with just ONE new installed mod. Do this till one Mod show up as the problem.

Thats the only way you can find out wich one breaks the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anhor said:

I think you have not understood Kuplion correctly . Your statement sounds as if you have installed all the mods and then tested .

What Kuplion tried to explain to you was the following:

Step 1: Install your server WITHOUT any Mod except Exile. Start it, test it ........ works --> Step 2

Step 2: Install infiSTAR. Start the server and test it ........ works --> Step 3

Step 3: Install ONE of your Mods. Start the server and test it ...... works --> Step 4

Step 4: Repeat Step 3, everytime with just ONE new installed mod. Do this till one Mod show up as the problem.

Thats the only way you can find out wich one breaks the game.

I did try it without mods except exile at first and it worked but when I installed mods it didn't. Nontheless, I solved the issue, was my statusbar causing the issue =)

Advertisement