aussie battler

[SOLVED] Can I make a Base permanent on the server?

11 posts in this topic

We sadly had a  player pass away & I would like to make his base permanent on the server.

Could I make a database schedule to copy and paste any missing base parts & containers once a day?

or

Is there anyway of copying the base & pasting it into editor?  I could then have the base spawn in every restart.

I remember this from Arma2 dayZ:

Otherwise I could set his rent up in the database too never end, it just won't stop players from destroying it.

Edited by aussie battler

Advertisement
22 hours ago, aussie battler said:

@[XIII]Bujinkan thanks. I think I could modify kuplions low level base raid to exclude the territory from raiding & set the rent to never expire.

https://github.com/kuplion/Low-Level-Raid-Protection/tree/master/Custom/PreventLowLevelRaiding

That would probably be the easiest thing to do. Instead of looking for the territory level and time, have it pull the territory_id and if the ID = that territory then it would be protected.

• Like 1

Hello @aussie battler,

No..No...NO!  The EASIEST thing to make it 'permanent' is to go to the DB and pull up that territory and look at the 'last paid date' and set it to something like the year 4545.

This way it will NEVER 'expire' on you until the year 4545.  And if you're still around...well....   ;)

Do note, this will NOT prevent someone from raiding/stealing the flag.  You could export just his base from the DB in case this happens.  You could also move the flag and hide in something (rocks, trees, etc.).  You cold go as far as editing the 'Z' field for his flag to something like -100.  This SHOULD put his flag 100m deep where NO ONE would be able to steal it.  Do note, I have NOT tried this before, I do think it will work though.  But then you got to worry about safes, VG, etc.  I would just remove those.  Anyone does break in, there is nothing there.  You could also make a custom billboard and place it around the '4 sides' of this base.  Be careful on setting a new height, too far down is just as bad as too far North.  Those pieces outside the 'new zone' will get whacked!  I would start with a DB backup, then setting his flag -3m down.

And to your question, YES, his base CAN BE exported.  How?  Beats me...I am not a DB expert.  I could if I had to by saving the entire DB and then selectively remove items associated with his UID.  Of course, I would have to write a custom program for this where a DB expert probably pull out that info with 1 or 2 lines.  Google:  export key records mysql.  It should give you some hints.  Everything for every player is 'keyed' on their UID.

Attached is a screenshot from my DB.

DB.thumb.JPG.395ac8451afe3cb0ad2e8f2f3190c9eb.JPG

:)

PS - My condolences to you and his associates/friends/family  :(

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 2

@Z80CPU Thanks but his mates dont want the base raided.

Ill put a safezone marker on his base & place this on hacking, grinding, flag stealing (place charge has already got the code).

if (ExilePlayerInSafezone) then
    {
        throw "You are in a safe zone!";
    };

Add set base rent to never expire.

Thanks everyone for the help & suggestions.

Edited by aussie battler

@aussie battler - I did not think about the SZ marker!  That is a good one!  ;)

I would (and I think you did) bump up the 'rent due' date.  That is the quickest way to 'preserve it'.

Now, if it was ME, I would still try to find a SQL script that would allow you to 'dump' his stuff into a separate file.  This way, for what ever reason, you could always 'restore it' quickly and easily.  This would allow OTHERS to put it up too!  Depending on where it is, I would have no issue having on my server too!  :)  You just give them the zip file of his base, they unzip it, then import it straight into their DB.

Regardless, I am glad that you got something to 'work' and I appreciate your care to do such a small task in remembrance of someone!  As we say here in the United States; My hat is off to you!

:)

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss.

You could just export objects from db and place them as a server addon, that way even if something happens to it it will be restored to original state on server restart, not to mention if it would be needed it to move to another server, it would be as easy as c/p the pbo.

Haven't tried this with db objects, but theoretically it should work.

Sorry for your loss, dude.

To achieve this there are a few things to do. First of all do as Z80 said and set the last paid date to 100 years from now, that'll stop it being auto cleared out. Next you'll need to edit my addon to deny raiding if the base owner UID is equal to "XXX". I'd probably also pair that with the safezone idea as you're covered from multiple angles then.

• Thanks 1

or a custom script that uses infistar lightning strike to end any and all raiding attempts on that territory id...without the safe zone of course XD

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

Advertisement