Sign in to follow this  
sceneraider

how to force mods on

12 posts in this topic

is there a way to require players to have the proper mods installed to join the server? ive noticed people are able to join my server without all the mods that are installed.

If the mod is called in the mission parameters then the player won't be able to join unless they have them installed and are running them.

Advertisement
18 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

If the mod is called in the mission parameters then the player won't be able to join unless they have them installed and are running them.

Thanks for the quick reply but how would I go about doing that? Could you give me an example?

12 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

-mod=@Exile;Kart,Mark,Heli;

my paramaters are -port=2302 "-config=C:\Users\asfdg\Desktop\Steam CMD\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Users\asfdg\Desktop\Steam CMD\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Users\asfdg\Desktop\Steam CMD\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default" -name=default -filePatching "-mod=@Exile;@ExileServer;@CBA_A3;@CUP Units;@CUP Vehicles;@CUP Weapons;@AdminToolkitServer;@HVP;@Zombies and Demons;@Extended_Base_Mod;@Enigma" -autoInit

but you can still join without the mods. i also made sure all the keys from the mods are in the arma 3 root/key folder as well 

is it because im using TADST? is there a check box maybe im mising to force it?

Edited by sceneraider

Add dependencies in mission.sqm/addOns, that will force players loading the mission to have those mods live on their client

1 hour ago, MGTDB said:

Add dependencies in mission.sqm/addOns, that will force players loading the mission to have those mods live on their client

ok, this is the mission.sqm that is in the mpmission folder PBO and how do i get the proper mods name to add it in? i tried opening the META file in one of the mods and taking the name but when i launch the server it just says "Mission Exile Atlis read from bank" and it is stuck in a loop

this is what i have in it right now that giving me the error once i added zombies and demons

addOns[]=
    {
        "Zombies and Demons",
        "exile_client",
        "a3_map_altis"
    };

also i noticed there is multiple times addOns is mentioned i edited the one under class mission that gave me that issue

Edited by sceneraider

Hello again @sceneraider,

What they stated IS true, they did forget the mos important fact:

NO KEY = NO PLAY

Put the 'keys' of the mods you wanted to be used into your server's 'Keys' folder.  Make SURE you have have 'verifySignatures = 1' and that will be that!

The above mentioned responses would NOT stop ANYONE from joining your server with a 'sound mod' for example.  So, IN THEORY, the could join your server with a 'hacking program'.

The 'Key' method PREVENTS IT!

This is how you also ALLOW mods such as the JSRS sound mod, by putting that mod's key into your server's key folder.  Then that mod becomes OPTIONAL, and ONLY that mod with the same version as the key is set to.

What you describe is an 'open server' and the 'verifySignatures = 1' is not even present/set to zero.

The 'key' will ALSO ensure EVERYBODY is running the SAME VERSION of that 'xyz' mod too.

:)

Hello.

Addons section should looks something like that at least.

Spoiler

addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis",
		"Ryanzombies",
		"ryanzombiesfunctions"
    };

Good luck.

Edited by exilerist

Hmm ...... mine looks like this:

Spoiler

addons[] = {"exile_client","A3_Ui_F"};

And I bet that nobody can join without the 6 on the server installed -mod anyway.

What @Z80CPU mentioned is the point ........ no mod without a key in the keyfolder.

The other side is the start bat ...... at the moment where your mods are in the -mod section, they are mandatory for any player.

If not, something different is fucked up.

Edited by Anhor
  • Like 1

Advertisement