Kflo01

How To Stop Spawned Vehicles From Being Sold

14 posts in this topic

So Im putting together my server and I am about85% of the way done. Just doing testing making sure things work as they should and last touches on configuration (pricing, loot etc etc). I just found out from a player helping me test that a spawned vehicle (Prowler) is able to be sold after being spawned. This can be abused badly of course so Im looking for a way to stop that via a script or code. Anyone know what I would have to do?

The only way you would be able to stop them being sold is to remove the spawn vehicles from the traders but then this would stop them being purchased as well.

You could set a selling price for the vehicles to 0 (or 1 if 0 does not work) but again if someone purchased a vehicle and then wanted to sell it they wouldn't be able to.

Other than that you would need to use different spawn vehicles class names that are not available in the traders.

Advertisement

Hello @Kflo01,

The EASIEST AND QUICKEST way is what @TDBGaming stated.  Have one set of vehicles for 'normal stuff' and a second set that are 'forbidden' at a trader.  For those you do not wish to be sold, remove them from the trader OR set price to 0.  Reason you want to NOT set it to zero is and why you may wish to re-think this is, your map will look like a junk yard...cars all over the place.  Why should they waste their time on something that they can not sell?  If it were ME, I would set a LOW price on the vehicles like 100 -> 1000.  This way they would get a small 'thank you' for helping keep the map clear AND at the same time, they would NEVER get rich at this.

Still have your '2 sets' of vehicles though.

When epoch came out, which was before Exile, this was a MAJOR issue.  So much so, people stopped spawning vehicles except on missions which COULD be sold.  I would look into this as well.  Either some 'pocket change' for those vehicles or just do not spawn them.

The 'no spawning' is the BEST in the long run as there is ZERO SERVER IMPACT on this method.  The other?  Well...it COULD bring your server to it's 'knees' by having vehicles all over the map eating your performance...which it WILL...  ;)

Never forget the old saying:  "Do not re-invent the wheel".  Look at what OTHERS do...they do it for a REASON....Look...and LEARN from them....

:)

Spawned vehicles are non persistent vehicles so therefore delete each restart. They will not build up and hamper server performance.

The other option is to reduce the amount that spawn each restart, so they are harder to find, but worth some money if sold as a reward for the effort taken to find them

Yeah, I take a combination of both of the methods mentioned.....

Not only are the spawners on my server low-value vehicles such as Octavia's, SUV's, Lada's and Quad's exclusively but they are also fairly rare. I have mine configured to be 2 vehicles per 2.2km and on Isla Abramia there's a lot of water there so not too many spawners out there to find and the landscape makes it hard too (very hilly).

@dekela,

While I will admit that I did not give a 'full and unedited' response, I am fully aware the NORMALLY, spawned vehicles do not 'add up'.  I was referring to the fact that if you spawn 100 per session and no one does anything to 'remove them from the map', this causes server performance issues.

ANY item placed on the map takes away from the overall server performance regardless if it is a plane, heli, car, base part...ANY item.  Not only that, it ALSO affects CLIENT PERFORMANCE TOO!

Thus to have the greatest performance:  Either spawn NO VEHICLES or EXTREMELY FEW as @Riker2335 mentioned.  Myself, I have ZERO vehicles spawning in and I use a 'spawned bike' via ExAD instead.

If the vehicles are ONLY to go from 'Point A to Point B', he would be BETTER served by using something like ExAD and using the 'Spawn Vehicle' option.  Then the players could spawn a car (of course, changing it from the default quad bike) and when done, 'pack it'.  This would solve ALL of his 'issues' (at least those he spoke of).  And I would not use the argument "That's not real/realistic".  So, zombies are real?  Islands where they dump prisoners on and forget about them is real?  Magical houses that generate goodies for you every 5-10 minutes is real?  Unlimited fuel from gas stations is real?  It is a matter of 'give and take'.  ;)

This has been an issue for 3+ years, starting with epoch servers and happening at VERY START with Exile.  Notice, you do not see 100+ vehicles spawned in anymore anywhere...and there is a reason for this.

That's my whole 'point'.

:)

i am fully aware of how items on the map affect server performance for the worse. but by turning off simulation either with the Exile monitor or Arma's own system, that affect can be drastically reduced allowing for more items to be on the map.

on my Tanoa map, 100 vehicles are spawned every restart (85 land, 10 water, 5 heli) and can be used or sold by players to help with grinding respect and tabs. on top of this, several thousand simple objects are spawned for aethstetics, and the server performance is acceptable given map choice, as is client performance.

however this is now heading way off topic, so as TDBGaming said, easy way is to have one set of 'spawn vehicles' that cant be sold, and another set of vehicles that can be bought and sold. hard way, write/alter code to check if the vehicle is non-persistent and if so, block the sale

Advertisement