Icorre

Exile Server not seeming to read extDB-conf.ini

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am trying to get a dedicated server set up and running (on Linux) and have gotten so far as to have the mission start and run. However, when I or anyone else tries to load in they spawn in the ground and disconnect a few seconds later. I have tried making sure the player hitpoint value is VARCHAR(1024) and making sure the SQL strict mode settings are disabled.

In my @ExileServer folder I have extDB-conf.ini set up with a username and password and my Battleye Rcon passwords match. However, when I look at the extDB log file it contains two lines:

extDB-conf.ini found

Access denied for user 'changeme'@'localhost' (use password=NO)

I have set up a user and password using MySQL and the database appears to be intact, and put that users information in extDB-conf.ini. I cannot figure out why it is trying to log in with 'changeme'@'localhost'. Would having the server and the database on the same port cause this behavior? (Apologies for not posting log/rpt files. I do not currently have access to the PC running the server. They can be posted later if needed.)

Edited by Icorre

Hello @Icorre,

What I do, is to write down the settings from the INI file, then using those, use MyWorkBench to connect to the server.

If you can connect - to ME, you have something messed up in the Exile/any add-ons files/configs.  Did you run the SQL setup file in Exile too?  Did you try (for a test only) to use the included mission that came with the download?  If that works, you have messed your version of Exile/add-ons.

If you can NOT connect - Your DB settings are invalid and/or you have set up MySQL incorrectly.  Possible port issues as well.

Also, 99% of the time, what you stated, IS DB related.

NOTICE:  I said 99%!  NOT 100%!

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I am out of town for the weekend and didn't have a chance to get a remote desktop set up on the Linux box, but I'll try connecting via MyWorkBench and report back.

When I was setting the server up I followed the guide here:

I did not see any mention of a SQL setup file, where should it be located?

It is in the Exile server download.  Dig thru the folders and you will see it.  I THINK it is called 'Exile.SQL'.  It is a script that you MUST run to 'set up' the DB to be used with Exile.

No script run = No Exile working.

Based on what it sounds like, THAT is your issue!  Find the script and run it from MySQL!  Problem should be fixed!

So you know, 99.9% of any program that uses a SQL DB, MUST create the tables that will be used via some sort of setup program!  And one comes with Exile somewhere in the server download package.

:)

Advertisement