Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

[WIP] A3Launcher Loader

6 posts in this topic

Advertisement
32 minutes ago, [HG]RaVeN103 said:

I hope my mod is not the reason for that:D

it seems like a good idea, hopefully there will be no problems with A3L-owners.

It kinda is.. The ability for me to use it on the server is being held up because of lack of updates.. It's been close to 2 months from the last mod addition.. 

@geekm0nkey Nice work would be great if something like this could be introduced. I am not sure that it would happen as private mods have to be paid for. There is no way of creating a difference between private & community mods.

Its been a month (not 2) since the last mod addition. I think if @maca134 had another admin that could add mods it would help everyone out. His problem is probably finding a volunteer that is capable & would work for free. He doesn't get paid to add community mods to A3Launcher.

12 hours ago, aussie battler said:

@geekm0nkey Nice work would be great if something like this could be introduced. I am not sure that it would happen as private mods have to be paid for. There is no way of creating a difference between private & community mods.

Its been a month (not 2) since the last mod addition. I think if @maca134 had another admin that could add mods it would help everyone out. His problem is probably finding a volunteer that is capable & would work for free. He doesn't get paid to add community mods to A3Launcher.

Last mod addition to A3L was on the 1st march, if you include just exile it moves to 8th of march..  tomorrow is the 1st of may. That's 2 months. Information taken from the change log on his website. He actually does get paid for his work on the A3L from sponsored listings. ( I know, I pay to have mine sponsored ) and it may before this reason, no one else will get access to that system.

I scrapped my project for a few reasons, 1st, it was slow.. His data file has 2,100 server listings, 300+ mod entries. And parsing all of that made the GUI slow.. knowing players, they loose interest and are easily distracted.. lol, 2nd logistically, it wasn't foolproof, and i really don't want to support every single person who needs this but cant figure out how it works.

Knowing what I do now about how his system works, I'll be happy to work with anyone who wants to create and open source loader. On paper its very simplistic. His web interface does 90% of the work. It collects the servers, does the rcon to communicate to the server and figure out what players, ping, and mods it runs, then converts the mod workshop ID into his own numbering system.. Everything is then put into a json file that you download every time you run the A3L. so.. mods are stored like this,

{
      "id",179
      "name","Advanced Towing"
      "hash",null
      "folder",null
      "download",null
      "version",null
      "website",null
      "type","mod"
      "workshop","639837898"
      "files",[]
}

Servers are added like this.

{
        "id",659628
        "name","¶ [ OFFICIAL ] Arma 3 Zeus by Bohemia Interactive (EU) #02"
        "desc","Zeus 16+2 Master Altis (NATO)"
        "ip","85.190.155.60"
        "steamport",2403
        "gameport",2402
        "players",18
        "playersmax",18
        "map","Altis"
        "hash","e23b75ad1ac837656a261f8357ffd935"
        "game","arma3"
        "battleye",true
        "verifysignatures",true
        "sponsor",false
        "mods",[]
      }

in the above, should the server use a mod, its just added inside the "mods", [ <- here> ] array.

Because of this layout, we have to wait for him to add them to his mod database, so it can be associated with servers running it.  And honestly, as he states in his forum, adding workshop mods are simply a matter of adding the name and the ws id.. but he doesn't seem to have time for this at this time.

If i had access to the code needed to query the server and get list of mods, players, etc. I could write a new launcher.

Advertisement