Kurewe

[Release] Lythium Mission Files for 1.0.4a and Arma 1.78

105 posts in this topic

03/10/18: Files updated for compatibility with 1.04a (Still have to check over the "fixes")

I've put together a set of Lythium Mission files for your pleasure. 
Even though this isn't strictly Vanilla, I did try to keep the extras useful and easily configurable/changeable.

Note 1: After updating to Arma 1.70 and Exile 1.0.3, I noticed that there seems to be some (loud) wind across the map (even during completely clear weather). This is not specific to this map, as Bohemia appears to have updated some environment sounds, making them louder. I was able to reduce the constant loud wind by creating a Lythium specific environment entry in the config.cpp. While this helped, the wind is still loud during bad weather and at higher elevations. I will be trying to further reduce the wind volume as I get time.

Note 2: The files I have provided for this Lythium mission (while tested and functional on their own), were done so with the expectation that the person using them will have enough experience and knowledge to then custom configure the mission to their liking. I have no issues providing information about the mission files themselves and specific addons if I use them on my server and have configured them specifically for Lythium. Given that, my preference would be not to turn this thread into a tutorial on how to edit or configure addons, scripts, etc.

Features: 

• 60 player slots
  • 4 Safe Traders (which include both airports)
    Purchased vehicles spawn safely at designated spots
    All traders have a fuel station/fuel source
  • 2 Spec Ops Traders
  • 3 Mixer Sites (also equipped with workbenches and campfires for EBM use)
  • 9 Spawn Zones
  • Replaced 5 Non-functioning Jbad Fuel Stations with similar Arma versions
    Only 2 of the original Fuel Stations would and still do auto refuel
  • 9 Fuel Stations added to fill in gaps (with map markers)
    Fueling is manual on all added fuel stations
  • Added script to remove/hide certain map objects
    Floating rock by Shoran Trader
    Create Heli Landing Area by Shoran Trader
    5 Non-functioning Fuel Stations mentioned above
  • 2 Fixes included
    Get Dynamic Vehicles To Only Spawn Within The Lythium Map Area
    Purchased Vehicles Spawn In Specific Locations At Traders
  • Exile map markers have been colored
  • All 3 default weather patterns enabled
  • Earthquakes disabled
  • Mission.sqm arranged for easier editing of items without too much work
    Similar/Related items have been grouped together
  • initServer.sqf/iniPlayerLocal.sqf have been configured to make changes easier
    Each trader location's objects and simple objects are sectioned and labeled
    Each trader location's NPCs are sectioned and labeled
  • exile_server_config.pbo included with Jbad and FFAA loot positions
    Jbad positions all done by me, not copied from other sources
    Loot positions for Arma buildings and more are also included
  • DMS Files
    Map Config included for use with DMS
    Occupation static mission with Lythium locations

Does not include: 
- Roulette

GitHub Link:
https://github.com/kurewe/Exile-Lythium

Requirements:
Exile 1.04a - Exile Downloads
Jbad - Steam
Lythium - Steam

Edited by Kurewe
Updated Notes, Requirements & DMS Files
  • Like 10

Advertisement

FYI... I mentioned in the OP, that I noticed that the wind had become louder. I've figured out what the cause of this is. Apparently, the Arma 1.70 update updated the Environment Sounds for Altis and Stratis. This had an affect on my mission file because I used the Altis Environment as a base for Lythium. I've fixed that and will update the Github when I get home from work.

Note: This will not change the increase in wind gust as you go higher in elevation. Just the constant, loud, gusting wind that I was experiencing all over the map.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

all maps have to adjust their ambient sounds now it seems, i have already done so for my project and overrided the cup ones for chernarus on my server

What did you do to Override? I just edited the CfgExileEnvironment in the config.cpp of the mission.

25 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

lol cfgworlds

Well, you might have to share your chernarus override method with me then. haha I've not done anything with cfgworlds yet.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get this to work.  I move the Exile/Lythium.pbo into the mpmissions folder and the @Jbad folder into the root folder in my ftp.  Then I replace the default exile_server_config.pbo with the one in the @Exile folder from the Lythium download.  I put both of the bikey's into the key folder on my ftp as well.

This is how my commandline looks:

@Exile;@LYTHIUM;@Jbad

When I find my server in the Arma 3 browser, it shows a - in both the  Type and Mission columns.  When I go directly to the Arma 3 server browser, I find my server but it shows "creating" under the status column.  Should I be doing something different?

Advertisement