NeverAgain

Negative Points for SafeZone Campers

Question

7 answers to this question

I would think you will need to add a new class under class Respect
    { in config.cpp and then also add something to the overrides to give negative rep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinboye said:

I would think you will need to add a new class under class Respect
    { in config.cpp and then also add something to the overrides to give negative rep.

Yes i try but not work...

Advertisement

What you do not realize, campers could care less about a 'score'.  Doing this will affect nothing.  Your best bet is just kick them and if they do it again, ban them.

Be real, even with the threat of PRISON, people STILL COMMIT CRIMES!  No one will pay heed to a 'negative score'. 

It will be a total waste of time and almost impossible to detect a TRUE camper.  What if they went to the bathroom?  Had a phone call?  Was reading an Exile Wiki article?  To someone else, it would APPEAR that they are camping, but they are NOT!

Do not waste your time!

'Campers' do not 'play' - They camp!

;)

Edited by Z80CPU

On 5/1/2017 at 3:39 AM, Z80CPU said:

What you do not realize, campers could care less about a 'score'.  Doing this will affect nothing.  Your best bet is just kick them and if they do it again, ban them.

Be real, even with the threat of PRISON, people STILL COMMIT CRIMES!  No one will pay heed to a 'negative score'. 

It will be a total waste of time and almost impossible to detect a TRUE camper.  What if they went to the bathroom?  Had a phone call?  Was reading an Exile Wiki article?  To someone else, it would APPEAR that they are camping, but they are NOT!

Do not waste your time!

'Campers' do not 'play' - They camp!

;)

exactly i warn people once with kick --> than ban 3 hours --> 1 day --> perm  ( and this works people stop camping)  i  only had 1 guys i had to ban for 1 day no perm bans yet ^^

Edited by ItsDutch

@tinboye - The problem is as I stated, what if someone gets a phone call?  Or has to go to the bathroom?  Or spills a drink?  These all happen, thus any 'time-out' would get campers, but also innocent people too.

I know some games do utilize such and I have been kicked when I had to go to the bathroom, and that is unfair.

It is a hard problem to solve as you have to know if someone is camping or not.

About the best way would be to check a 'range' from that area and what direction they are pointing/looking in, then take those measurements and 'remember them' until the next check which would compare against those that were 'remembered'.  This would be about the only way to deter it.

Then, you do not kick them, you TELEPORT THEM, such as that NW island on Altis!  Much better and when they see this, then they will KNOW they were caught.  Otherwise, a player might think that they got disconnected versus being detected camping.

:)

if they set their server to kick the player after 15 minutes of idle, then so be it. them being logged into the server and not playing is just taking up player slot, where it could be free'd up for another player. and effect FPS. just means they log back in once back at their keyboard.

Advertisement