Sgt. ScrapMetal

Static MGs saveable to DB

8 posts in this topic

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024:576&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black

Many players ask me in the last month too add them as DB Object so there dont need too placed them every restart.

But i dont find any opinion too remove the classic remove function for pack this gun. too Solved them.

Im really like this Idea too placing them, too figth agains Choppers.

So my Suggestion is added this Kind off gun without scope. with inventory kit like walls too make it buyable or add them via missions.

After placed this object there need an option that every one can steal them :)

And it woud be awesom exile  added them :)

• Like 1

Advertisement

I must say, one A2 server I played on had mounted weapons you could build from gems and I had a ball with this. Used it to shoot down heli's from the top of my base and had a couple mounted inside sandbag nests on the side of my base for general base defence (and to look cool).

I'd love to see them added if it wasn't too much work but I know the newly minted dev team have other priorities so I'm more than happy to wait for this one.

What you could do is allow users to place them and when they do give them a "Save Turret" option via action menu. Then you send data of turret position (probably cursorObject because you obviously hit "Save Turret") to the server which saves it in a database of objects. On server load you setup the turrets and give them a position from the db. Now, you would also have to add some sql that checks the base and makes sure it is not abandoned or deleted so that you delete them properly, which is fairly easy since Exile already has its own example.

Edited by Cloud22
I might make it and release it.
  • Like 1

On 2017-4-9 at 5:53 PM, Cloud22 said:

What you could do is allow users to place them and when they do give them a "Save Turret" option via action menu. Then you send data of turret position (probably cursorObject because you obviously hit "Save Turret") to the server which saves it in a database of objects. On server load you setup the turrets and give them a position from the db. Now, you would also have to add some sql that checks the base and makes sure it is not abandoned or deleted so that you delete them properly, which is fairly easy since Exile already has its own example.

Something like that could also be done by changing Claim non-presistent vehicle mod for example?

I thought about ( eventually ) trying to do that so ppl are able to claim them when they do not get destroyed ( 50/50 chance) and take them with m..

On 4/9/2017 at 9:53 AM, Cloud22 said:

On 5/5/2017 at 12:30 AM, flyingdutchmen said:

Something like that could also be done by changing Claim non-presistent vehicle mod for example?

I thought about ( eventually ) trying to do that so ppl are able to claim them when they do not get destroyed ( 50/50 chance) and take them with m..

@Cloud22 @flyingdutchmen Did either of you get your methods to work by chance? I also had your idea flyingdutchman about changing the claim vic script to incorporate the static weapons but after you add the information i was never able to get it functional. it just tells me "this is not a vehicle". 

Thanks

Advertisement