Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MySQL - Empty Databases?

31 posts in this topic

Hi, I've just solved loads of issues, to then realise that when i join my own Exile Tanoa server, there is no data in any of my tables in the exile database.

This could be the reason behind this: When anyone joins my server, they spawn in the ground facing a bush, not being able to use any keys, only way to escape is ALT+F4.

Im using Ubuntu 16.04, please help.

To show my attempts:              Arma server error 4.PNG

Advertisement

Hello Fin,

#1 - Are you SURE your configs are correct for the DB (ports, passwords, etc.)?

#2 - Are you SURE you have all the needed files to connect to the DB?

#3 - Are you SURE you initialized the DB using the DB script?

Any of the above will give you an empty/erroneous DB.

Good luck!

:)

13 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Fin,

#1 - Are you SURE your configs are correct for the DB (ports, passwords, etc.)?

#2 - Are you SURE you have all the needed files to connect to the DB?

#3 - Are you SURE you initialized the DB using the DB script?

Any of the above will give you an empty/erroneous DB.

Good luck!

@Z80CPU 

Hi, first of all, thanks very much, really appreciated.

Can you elaborate at all? Im kind of new, and i know what you're saying. How could i check these though? Is there an efficient way at all?

Thanks.

Edited by Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello Fin,

You're more than welcome!  :)

The logs reside where ever you have installed stuff.  No one can answer that but you.  See attached pic where mine are located.  Look below the title bar to see path.  Do note, this path is for ME, on my server that sits 1'/.3m away from me.

As far as the other items, there is just too much to go over.  There are many guides on this site alone that explains how to set up Exile.  One note, any ARMA server is not a 'plug-n-play' operation.  You will have to know some scripting on some level.  And with you struggling just to set up a server, you might wish to reconsider doing one till your skills have 'improved'.  Otherwise, you will just be making yourself miserable and angry over nothing.  ;)

Before you decide to pay for a server, which I would suspect is about 98% of the people do, I would setup it at home and PRACTICE on it.  THEN when you understand stuff, you can rent a server and have it operational within 1 day.

Also note, most never last, as it it like having a McDonald's every block.  What will separate your server from all the others?  Go visit GameTracker.Com and see how many zero player Exile servers there are.  Someone on here also posed that same question about how to get people to come to his server - got the same answers from others and me.

Good luck!

ex1.JPG

2 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Fin,

You're more than welcome!  :)

The logs reside where ever you have installed stuff.  No one can answer that but you.  See attached pic where mine are located.  Look below the title bar to see path.  Do note, this path is for ME, on my server that sits 1'/.3m away from me.

As far as the other items, there is just too much to go over.  There are many guides on this site alone that explains how to set up Exile.  One note, any ARMA server is not a 'plug-n-play' operation.  You will have to know some scripting on some level.  And with you struggling just to set up a server, you might wish to reconsider doing one till your skills have 'improved'.  Otherwise, you will just be making yourself miserable and angry over nothing.  ;)

Before you decide to pay for a server, which I would suspect is about 98% of the people do, I would setup it at home and PRACTICE on it.  THEN when you understand stuff, you can rent a server and have it operational within 1 day.

Also note, most never last, as it it like having a McDonald's every block.  What will separate your server from all the others?  Go visit GameTracker.Com and see how many zero player Exile servers there are.  Someone on here also posed that same question about how to get people to come to his server - got the same answers from others and me.

Good luck!

ex1.JPG

Hi, its for my friends and i, long story. Thanks for all your help.

I have the sql_custom_v2 folder but no logs folder?

If you do not have the logs folder then I would suspect that the DB is not running.

Again, read the setup guides on this site.  Exile and MySQL do work.  You have a setup/config issue that I listed in my first post to you that you must examine.

One way to easily test the MySQL DB is to use 'MySQL Workbench' to connect to it.  This will test the DB engine as well as you having the correct ports/passwords.  Search Google for it and download it, install, and then test your DB.

On 19/03/2017 at 8:44 PM, Z80CPU said:

If you do not have the logs folder then I would suspect that the DB is not running.

Again, read the setup guides on this site.  Exile and MySQL do work.  You have a setup/config issue that I listed in my first post to you that you must examine.

One way to easily test the MySQL DB is to use 'MySQL Workbench' to connect to it.  This will test the DB engine as well as you having the correct ports/passwords.  Search Google for it and download it, install, and then test your DB.

@Z80CPU Hi, thanks for this, i got workbench, everything seems ok, everything is connected, server is running. But still all empty databases and no loading into game! How exactly can i test it, i think i have but i dont know if i did what you were describing.

Also, this comes up in the MySQL server logs, not sure if it means much:

Spoiler

got error reading communication packets mysql

This also appears in instance logs

Spoiler

c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Edited by Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

within workbench have you checked your mysql error log to see whats causing the " got error reading communication packets mysql " message?

Advertisement