ethanj316

"Error: Character request timed out" and "cant build in enemy territory"

Question

So I was trying to build a base on my server but everytime I tried to place something, it says "cant build in enemy territory" even know its my territory. So I tried to relog and when I got back on, I spawned in the ground. Everytime I commit suicide and respawn, I get this error  "Error: Character request timed out" Can someone please help? I am also being kicked off my server randomly too

Edited by ethanj316

8 answers to this question

Sorry, this isn't an answer.  BUT, I'm getting the exact same problem.  If you let yourself bleed out (if you're still able to move around a bit only in 1st person), I tried to respawn but got kicked from server. 

Very frustrating... this started for me Tuesday, march 14th

Advertisement

This happened to me last night after a server crash I'm guessing it has something the do with that 4.9 GB "bugdate" that's wrecking the game for everyone. Wiping Arma completely clean off your computer and Steam workshop doesn't work. Such a great game made so badly with so called updates that break things that didn't need to be fixed in the first place.

20 hours ago, ethanj316 said:

So I was trying to build a base on my server but everytime I tried to place something, it says "cant build in enemy territory" even know its my territory. So I tried to relog and when I got back on, I spawned in the ground. Everytime I commit suicide and respawn, I get this error  "Error: Character request timed out" Can someone please help? I am also being kicked off my server randomly too

The character time out issue needs to be fixed by the server devs, but the base building issue normally can be solved by purchasing an upgrade for your territory.

Edited by Brett Nordin
  • Like 1

Problem solved till you sign in the night after. Screw Bohemia and all their BS bug fest games they don't seem to fix, bunch of amateurs.

if server crashes, the db can become corrupt, invalid character is usually added to the player table, check the player table, at the end of the table.

lnZReps.png

within 1 of the fields [] may have some wierd symbol or character. edit the table, remove that character, and that MAY resolve your issue.

Advertisement