Sign in to follow this  
souredsoup

3DEN trees and other missing objects

8 posts in this topic

I recently started playing around with the Exile 3DEN editor and love it! Super awesome tool! But I have a question.

I love the Altis map and many of the elements of the Tanoa map (such as the buildings and heavy dense foliage and trees), but do not want to set up a Tanoa map Exile server. The Tanoa map seems to have *issues* and doesn't seem very well suited for survival based mods like Exile and Epoch anyway. So I thought I might give myself a big project to work on using the 3DEN tools and make several southern areas of the Altis map look more Tanoa-like with the buildings and trees and such. I can find several of the buildings and rock formations from Tanoa items, but I cannot find any of the trees and dense foliage objects. As a matter of fact, I also cannot find any objects for the trees that are normally on the Altis map either.

Is there any future updates planned for the 3DEN tools to add in these missing objects or is there a way I can add these in?  I know where many object IDs can be found from here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Assets , but is there a way to add them into the list of objects in 3DEN editor for Exile?

Advertisement
51 minutes ago, souredsoup said:

The Tanoa map seems to have *issues* and doesn't seem very well suited for survival based mods like Exile and Epoch anyway.

May I ask what these issues are as Tanoa seems to work beautifully for survival mods right now, IMO.

25 minutes ago, kuplion said:

May I ask what these issues are as Tanoa seems to work beautifully for survival mods right now, IMO.

The actual technical issues I have seen with Tanoa really relate to KoH games more than Exile. Objects don't render in correctly when playing KoH matches.

But the issues I have with Tanoa for a survival map itself just doesn't seem to have very many open ground areas for random vehicle spawns and AI missions to spawn and for players to build bases. Hence, I feel the Tanoa map doesn't lend itself very well to being used for Exile. 

14 minutes ago, souredsoup said:

The actual technical issues I have seen with Tanoa really relate to KoH games more than Exile. Objects don't render in correctly when playing KoH matches.

But the issues I have with Tanoa for a survival map itself just doesn't seem to have very many open ground areas for random vehicle spawns and AI missions to spawn and for players to build bases. Hence, I feel the Tanoa map doesn't lend itself very well to being used for Exile. 

I have a fully modded zombie survival server on Tanoa and it runs really well and suits it fine :)

I have never had any rendering issues.

But anyways, you can't place trees and stuff in the editor

44 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

But anyways, you can't place trees and stuff in the editor

Great! Makes no real sense really. Hell, there is an asset ID for black smoke from a mine explosion for pete's sake! Not to mention many rock formations too.

y-u-no-guy-meme-sticker.jpg.864b603f7531 y-u-no-got-tree-asset-IDs-Bohemia?!?!?!

Edited by souredsoup
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, souredsoup said:

Great! Makes no real sense really. Hell, there is an asset ID for black smoke from a mine explosion for pete's sake! Not to mention many rock formations too.

y-u-no-guy-meme-sticker.jpg.864b603f7531 y-u-no-got-tree-asset-IDs-Bohemia?!?!?!

Because Arma.

There where always trees bushes plants etc in editor ,even the grandfather of arma OFP had it , i know its arma3 and many things are gone and many new things are there . but still its kind of lame not to be able to get trees in editor  . i tried to make xmas trees like i did for our other arma2 servers at traders but  hell not in arma3 that should be newer and more up to date .. we have 100 different ak's  in edtor but no trees .. i think the editor is lame as it is already just because of that .

Greets

Advertisement