Pustekuchen

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

Should vehicles be lockable at all times?  

774 members have voted

1. 1. Should vehicles be lockable at all times?

• Unlocked vehicles are NOT lockable anymore if they exceed a certain level of damage.
    • Lockable at all times.

40 posts in this topic

Hey fellow inmates,

Following concept:

- If an unlocked vehicle exceeds a certain level of damage, you're not able to lock it anymore. You have to repair it in order to lock it again.

- Locked vehicles stay locked.

• Like 5

- Locked vehicles stay locked.

You cant unlock cars by shooting at it. Locked vehicles in a base stay locked!

The idea is to improve the pvp - being able to steal a car with its content even though the owner of the vehicle ran away. As an owner you have to decide now if you wanna defend the vehicle and fight for it or save your life! Locking the vehicle and running away is not an option anymore!

People are complaining about the fact, that base raids and road blocks are not worth it anymore due to the fact that you cant get any gear/loot/vehicles.

• Like 3

Advertisement

epoch had the timed lock - ok till you logged off and then bye-bye vehicle!

our server has implemented a script which will set all cars/safes pins to '0000' within 14 days.  lock and unlock resets the timer.  this helps in many ways...

:)

• Like 2

only way unlock a vehicle if not your would be for someone script unlock script or a jimmy to unlock it

but then your talking selling the stuff you steal cause wont get the keycode

As the biggest hassel in gameplay in epoch was for me to know your vehicle can't be locked forever. This is affecting the gameplay in a negative way. I personally would go the way and add a "last used" filed to the database. So every admin can decide what should happen with the vehicle if its not used. Unlock it, remove it, etc.

• Like 1

Other ideas... Convert the A3 mine detector into a pin code hacking tool with a super low percent chance of success and a higher chance of player taking damage and being temporarily incapacitated if hack fails. Similar to second_comings autolockpicker script. Maybe only use 3 numbers for vehicle pins to make it a little easier to guess pincodes. Retarded expensive one time use EMP that disables the lock on vehicles.. Ohhh.. Shoot the windows out to gain access to the vehicle. Once vehicle windows are at 100% damage the vehicle unlocks. Similar to smashing a brick through someones window to steal their car lol. Its hard to find a way to do this that keeps everything balanced and fair for all.

Edited by READTHESCROLL

Other ideas... Convert the A3 mine detector into a pin code hacking tool with a super low percent chance of success and a higher chance of player taking damage and being temporarily incapacitated if hack fails. Similar to second_comings autolockpicker script. Maybe only use 3 numbers for vehicle pins to make it a little easier to guess pincodes. Retarded expensive one time use EMP that disables the lock on vehicles.. Ohhh.. Shoot the windows out to gain access to the vehicle. Once vehicle windows are at 100% damage the vehicle unlocks. Similar to smashing a brick through someones window to steal their car lol. Its hard to find a way to do this that keeps everything balanced and fair for all.

Lock cars with keys, make the mine detect one time use lock pick with 33% change of picking lock.

Advertisement