Stoll

What's wrong with this age?!

9 posts in this topic

I'm very active here and I read a lot of postings, but...
...it makes my stomach turn over when I read the post of some people.
No grammar, no clause position, no comma placement.
Of course it's a fact that the english of many peeps isn't the best. (I'm no fluent speaker myself)
I'm german and it's not only the english here. When I read german posts here...
Oh my fucking god, it's terrifying!
When I hear people talking in the city, then I think they write as they speak...

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering why peeps don't give a shit about their language anymore,
particularly when they are asking for help.
So, if you ask yourself now why I care about it...I'm having time right now.
I'm waiting for some mods to finish uploading. :D
Now grab your grammar book and learn by heart!

Edited by Stoll
  • Like 1

Advertisement

To be fair, there are a LOT OF FRENCH PLAYERS. Bad grammar is to be expected, but I do see where you are coming from, it gets really bad sometimes ha ha.

A lot of people tend to pick up on spelling and grammar, some times even being nasty about it.

Personally i don't worry about it as you don't know the persons story. For all you know they could be trying as hard as they possibly can but just not be very good at it. They could also have a disability, something like dyslexia.

Not everyone will have got good grades at school and to be fair a good proportion of people could well still be at school. Personally I am not that good at spelling but i manage. Some times i even change the word I'm going to use as can not for the life of me work out how to spell it.

End of the day nobody is perfect ;)

• Like 2

It's not just the spelling or grammar either, it's the attitude and way of asking for help.

"this is broken tell me how to fix it"

How about: "I have this problem on my server, i've tried ##### and ##### but that hasn't helped it. Can anyone give me some guidance please?" A bit like my post here: 

International community and not all speak English nor could write in English.

Other than that. Most young twats fear proper sentence-structure. It's a self-identifier for them like others would get ink or piercings...It's all they have.. (I'd laugh if it wasn't a sad-shit pov)

Advertisement