malau

Missing PDA/ Purchased Vehicles / Fortifying

Question

PDA went missing

After doing an AI mission, I noticed that one of the AI had a PDA on him, so I RC'd it to pick it up, it overwrote the default PDA with 'nothing'.

The result was that now I have no PDA, and no means to purchase a new one. I tried dying. I spawned back in with no PDA.

Vehicle Issues

I purchased a Kuma tank at the traders, entered the PIN on the purchase screen etc. Got the vehicle. No option to lock it.

Figured it must be a one off cock up, I tried to sell it to the waste disposal guy - "Please park your vehicle within 50m" - so I can't sell it.

Tried also with the Cheetah Tank, also, as above, can't lock, can't sell. At this point I ran out of cash to try any more purchases.

I have noticed that the waste disposal guy does not recognize a great number of high end military vehicles that are 'found in the wild'.

Fortifying

I have 8 metal plates (or whatever the exact name is ?) and selected UPGRADE on my wood wall, I get a big red X and a message saying something like "You cannot fortify" or "fortify not available". How many metal plates do you need to fortify a single wooden wall ? Or do I need something in addition to metal plates ? (I was following the Steam Community Wiki, so maybe it's incorrect ?)

1 answer to this question

PDA went missing

After doing an AI mission, I noticed that one of the AI had a PDA on him, so I RC'd it to pick it up, it overwrote the default PDA with 'nothing'.

The result was that now I have no PDA, and no means to purchase a new one. I tried dying. I spawned back in with no PDA.

Vehicle Issues

I purchased a Kuma tank at the traders, entered the PIN on the purchase screen etc. Got the vehicle. No option to lock it.

Figured it must be a one off cock up, I tried to sell it to the waste disposal guy - "Please park your vehicle within 50m" - so I can't sell it.

Tried also with the Cheetah Tank, also, as above, can't lock, can't sell. At this point I ran out of cash to try any more purchases.

I have noticed that the waste disposal guy does not recognize a great number of high end military vehicles that are 'found in the wild'.

Fortifying

I have 8 metal plates (or whatever the exact name is ?) and selected UPGRADE on my wood wall, I get a big red X and a message saying something like "You cannot fortify" or "fortify not available". How many metal plates do you need to fortify a single wooden wall ? Or do I need something in addition to metal plates ? (I was following the Steam Community Wiki, so maybe it's incorrect ?)

PDA:   Someone else I know has a PDA issue but its a bit different, they can't turn on the PDA.  We suggested many things. Nothing worked. Last thing would be removing Arma 3 and re-installing it.   My mate gets "press the ''X'' buttom on the XM8 apears ''Not yet implemented''. (my mate fixed this part by changing his screen resolution)

Vehicle issues: Try another server and see if the "no lock" issue resurfaces, it could be something server specific. The exile servers I have played on dont have anything that specific on militarized vehicles past the "strider". If you are on a CCG server, you should get in contact with that staff, if not on a CCG still would suggest contacting the staff of the server.

Fortifying: From what I know it takes 2 metal poles + 4 metal plates to make an "upgrade" with the upgrade in your inventory (bag, clothes, etc) you just select upgrade to your wood piece and it should add the metal to it. You take 4 scrap to make 1 pole(s). All of this has to be done around a fire (minus upgrading - no fire needed lol). The recipes should tell you what you are missing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p6cpXN1Svg  might help you out.  Since I don't run an ArmA 3 / Exile server (yet) I can't tell you if this recipe(s) is(are) custom to the server or not.

Edited by ..::HOSKiNS::..

Advertisement