Enforcer1975

"hidden" Territory

15 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's already possible and the admins just don't turn it off but i would love to be able to keep the presence of my territory hidden. Every time you get close to a flag you immediately know there must be base nearby. Since i am a player who loves to conceal his presence i would love to be able to have this feature. At least make it a feature for the smallest base area ( 15m ). It makes no sense looking for a safe base location when everyone and his dog who happens to be in range of the trigger gets to know where you have your stash.

• Like 8

Advertisement

With the nearby location name will still pop up inside the location and if you are in the boonies you don't have a location. Leaving the name emtpy doesn't work either so you have to have at least one character even if it's just blank.

Edited by Enforcer1975

This does make perfect sense, I am the same way I will look and look and look until i find that perfect spot to conceal my base but what is the point of hiding your base if it alerts everyone that is within range, I might as well build it right out in the open maybe right next to a trader so everyone can see it? I would love the option where it doesn't say anything when you are near bases. Maybe make that an option on the flagpole as well, for those that like confrontation and want people to attack their bases they can turn the notification on so people know when they are near their base, and then people like me can turn it off and build my 1X2 base in the boonies and nobody will know it is there. I vote yes on this one!

• Like 1

Your able to disable it your self by editing the ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf file.

Simply comment out the whole file if you don't want any locations to show (town names etc) or if you only want the territories to not show then remove "ExileTerritory", out of the array. Once you have done this save it to your mission file (i saved mine to a custom folder) and then edit your config.cpp to call the file.

Spoiler

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
    /*
        You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
        To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
        path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
        look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon\myfunction.sqf";
    */
    ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName = "custom\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf";
};

I have not had time to test this much other then a quick run around and see no locations are showing so cant guarantee there wont be any other problems caused by it but there should not be.

On ‎12‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 2:09 AM, Mr Health And Safety said:

Your able to disable it your self by editing the ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf file.

Simply comment out the whole file if you don't want any locations to show (town names etc) or if you only want the territories to not show then remove "ExileTerritory", out of the array. Once you have done this save it to your mission file (i saved mine to a custom folder) and then edit your config.cpp to call the file.

Reveal hidden contents

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
    /*
        You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
        To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
        path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
        look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon\myfunction.sqf";
    */
    ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName = "custom\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf";
};

I have not had time to test this much other then a quick run around and see no locations are showing so cant guarantee there wont be any other problems caused by it but there should not be.

Took  bit long to answer but...

...wouldn't that have to be done server side? If so then it's totally useless for individual players since i have seen a lot of servers where i think admins just pressed some buttons and started the server without going through the setup.

17 minutes ago, Enforcer1975 said:

...wouldn't that have to be done server side? If so then it's totally useless for individual players since i have seen a lot of servers where i think admins just pressed some buttons and started the server without going through the setup.

You can overwrite it in the mission file. Look for exilecustomcode in the config.cpp

33 minutes ago, Enforcer1975 said:

Yes it has to be set by server admins so individual players would need to find a server that has it disabled on.

Try this:

Add this to your custom overrides directory..mine is called "Custom"

Spoiler

/**
 * ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName
 * Exile Mod
 * exile.majormittens.co.uk
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_position","_radius","_locationTypes","_locations","_locationName","_location"];
_position = _this select 0;
_radius = [_this, 1, 500] call BIS_fnc_param; 
_locationTypes = 
[
    //"ExileTerritory",
    "NameCityCapital",        
    "NameCity",                
    "NameVillage",            
    "NameLocal",            
    "Hill",                    
    "NameMarine"            
];
_locations = nearestLocations [_position, _locationTypes, _radius];
_locationName = "";
if !((count _locations) isEqualTo 0) then
{
    _location = _locations select 0;
    _locationName = name _location;
    if (_locationName isEqualTo "") then
    {
        _locationName = text _location;
    };
};
_locationName

Note: I commented out  //"ExileTerritory",

Add this to your mission confi.cpp

Spoiler

//Hide Territory Locations
    ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName = "Custom\ExileClient_util_world_getNearestLocationName.sqf";

Pack the mission PBO. Upload. Restart. Good 2 go!

• Like 2

Advertisement