Uncle Boom

"Anomalies"

18 posts in this topic

Hi Exile,

After the most recent update I was somewhat excited to see what you added. I poured over the changelog and noticed "anomalies"... under "Namalsk specific changes"... Yet after the Esseker exile server I play on was updated - they were all over Esseker as well. I remember that they were noted as being configurable, so the server owner could've switched em on just to see what is what...

These "Anomalies" are lazy you guys. They don't serve any function (at least on Esseker) and they are annoying - drawing your attention away for no reason.

But they are even worse in my view.

ArmStalker has created some impressive Anomalies for their Arma 3 mod. As you can see I don't place quotes, these Anomalies are Dangerous - they explode when players get near, with awesome effects, unlike yours which sit there. When I see their Anomalies I see Design and Effort, in yours I see graphical effects slapped onto Exile. The fact that you guys would include this so unfinished - even only for Namalsk  - I wonder "why?"... Like vehicles in DayZ Standalone - It isn't complete, it doesn't even work as intended or serve any purpose. It's clutter.

After the stunt you guys pulled on youtube, claiming Ownership and Copyright over the content of ArmStalker's Emission video they posted in February, I think you should give them some space. Either do Anomalies RIGHT, along with a QUALITY finished bloodsucker (Where is the Bloodsucker for your precious Namalsk? Could we trust your craftsmanship if you made one?), or better yet... Stay with Exile - your wonderful little creative mish-mash of Epoch and Wasteland - and leave Anomalies, Bloodsuckers, and the rest of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to ArmStalker. ...I am disappointed in you guys after seeing you abuse people the way you did with youtube - you KNEW what you did when you did it, you are Bullies. I'm a YouTuber as well - would you like to claim you own my videos? How about Anyone else's while you are there?

Whats stopping malicious people from abusing a broken system?... Beside my point.

Your "Anomalies" are lazy. WIP "Okey, of course you would say that." Then switch it to "0" in the files and leave it off the log - it's not ready. They are ugly, useless, and it's a disgrace to those who are working right now to bring FULLY FEATURED Arma 3 Anomalies to Life, in the full spirit of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Along with Bloodsuckers and the rest. Go back to designing rusty vehicles or clutter, Exile is the setting you chose to create. Tanoa will be great for you guys, you can win renown all on your own without pushing other creators around... I'm Finished (spits)

Without Ceremony.

Edited by Uncle Boom

Whooooaaa... Slow down cowboy. 

You are free to use the Anomalies in Exile, if you don't want them turn them off, or if you want them but don't like Exiles Anomalies, make your own, Exile is designed with server owners and players in mind, for easy access and setup all around. As for the bloodsucker, it shouldn't be a native map addition, this should be something you'd have to add, because not all like those, + It doesn't fit the purpose of the Exile history which to summarize is: 

"It is the year 2039. After the resource depleting conflict in Greece, Europe suffers from a new deflation crisis, leading the crime rate to a new peak in history. Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council are forced to react. Being a desperate alternative to overcrowded and prohibitive prisons, offenders are now being sent to EXILE.".

Exile is a free "base-mod", and you're free to design it to what you want exactly, Exile Developers won't provide you with thousands of shitty items, wierd looking, and definitely shitty coded bloodsuckers, zombies or whatever. 

This mod cannot be compared to Epoch, DayZ, S.T.A.L.K.E.R etc etc. 

Get your shit straight dude. 

As for the youtube stuff, I usually spend my time doing anything else than watching people play, so can't comment on that. 

• Like 1

Advertisement

Woah, 

Please calm down a little. I can see you obviously have some points but I think you are being a little bit too pushing about a work in progress issue. Just be glad that you have access to mods and if you don't like them then you don't have to stick around :P

8 hours ago, Uncle Boom said:

drawing your attention away for no reason

Job done! To be honest, these Anomalys are beautiful. You never know if it was an anomaly getting your interest or a player in a pinetree. 
Greet the Stalker guys from me. Seems like they have attraction on the Anomalys of EXILE. ;)

- Gosh i readed your post again. It is just about these anomalys. But i guess the snow is fine huh? And the Radioation, and the new ground Textures, the Enterable Buildings, the weather, the colors, new textures...and so on. Would be the same if i would rage on my beautiful new carpet, because it lays on the beautiful floor - makes no sense? Yeah right! :D 

Edited by MrWhite
  • Like 3

Advertisement