Zarge °

Looking for good dedi host site

Question

28 answers to this question

Advertisement

I use https://www.velia.net/en with great success, running a 8x 3.40 GHz Octo-Core, 32 GB Ram, 2x SSD in Raid 10, and 100/100 mbit during work-hours 07:00 - 22:00 CEST GMT +1, and from 22:00 - 07:00 it's 1/1 gbit. All my servers I'm running from that is running 50 Server FPS solid, even with 1.50 which is buggy as shit in regards to performance, will be good when 1.52 is released, to see how low the utilization of CPU will be, running a fully custom and modded server running between 42-51 Server FPS solid, and the Exile is 48-51 FPS solid so far, and CPU is only utilizing 30% max. 

• Like 1

I use https://www.nfoservers.com/  and for running two arma 3 servers and a minecraft server on their medium VDS we get great FPS on all servers and the bandwidth isn't unlimited but it would be really hard to reach maximum on their servers. Just another suggestion as there are many server hosting companies out there that offer many different things and getting peoples feed back and experiences with these companies is great research to be able to make the best informed decision. But what ever you do i would suggest that you go with a server that you can control and not a managed server as i have seen by helping many people out with server issues you want to have the most control that you can with your server.

Edited by Torchgodz

I use https://www.nfoservers.com/  and for running two arma 3 servers and a minecraft server on their medium VDS we get great FPS on all servers and the bandwidth isn't unlimited but it would be really hard to reach maximum on their servers. Just another suggestion as there are many server hosting companies out there that offer many different things and getting peoples feed back and experiences with these companies is great research to be able to make the best informed decision. But what ever you do i would suggest that you go with a server that you can control and not a managed server as i have seen by helping many people out with server issues you want to have the most control that you can with your server.

I agree with this to an extent. But Managed servers exist because some people don't know much about how to setup and run servers. So if you don't think you can manage it then get some one to do it for you. 

I'm about to roll out a new cloud in the WOW Data center in Columbus,OH. Should be ready by the end of this week but maybe next week if I get busy. I would be willing to give out some free VM's for people to test for a few months and then we could talk about pricing for hosting. I'm kinda low on IP's can ARMA3 run behind NAT on different ports? I know with games some can/some cant. 

I thought that you cannot have Windows on So You Start servers?

You can install it  yourself. I have a server from SyS and it's great! I installed Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition myself. (I have a valid license code.)

Advertisement