Sign in to follow this  
olveld

Monitoring dedicated Linux Server

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

i 'm new in this forum, and first of all THX all for this great work. 

for 2 weeks now i m hosting a Linux dedicated Server running ARMA3 ExileMod. ( We are former DayZ Player ) 

Because of this great documentations here i could configure the following Setup

- ARMA3 Srv running latest stable Exile Mod

- DMS 

- arma3admintools

We tested the installation for 2 weeks now in closed Setup with friends. Now that we want to open the gates for public i m thinking about monitoring vital parameters. 

For this reason i tried to config some kind of Rcon Connection from console, to get some values like 

- connected Players 

- FPS 

etc.

I tried multiple PHP Sripts from github and py3rcon ( also github / armaholic ) , but nothing works. At the moment i scripted a Logparser for getting some values . But that quick and dirty..

I want to script a munin plugin, which should draw pretty graphs  ( RRD )  ;-) 

Does anyone runs a linux Server and managed to get some Rcon Tool running ? Or another solution for automatic Data Collection ? 

Regards 

Olli

Edited by olveld

Advertisement
1 hour ago, ka0s said:

There you go. 

Thanks for your answer. 

i already found this tool ( unfortunatly didnt menationed it in the post before, Sorry  )  I m looking for something which does not send my data to an external service.  

and i´m trying to avoid additional costs. ;-)

when i have the raw data , i m having the independece to aggregate them in the way i want. that's my goal. 

You are aware the metrics data is free :P
You only pay for the pro features i.e live 2d map / remote code execution / rcon / longer data retention for metrics

Edited by Torndeco
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Torndeco said:

You are aware the metrics data is free :P
You only pay for the pro features i.e live 2d map / remote code execution / rcon / longer data retention for metrics

OK , i ll give it a try .. :D

tried it yesterday evening, couldnt get it work . i ll ask for help inside the other thread.

nevertheless i ll leave this open , may be someone else has an idea., and Dual Vendor Strategy is always a good thing ... ;-)

Advertisement