BetterDeadThanZed

Eden editor tutorial

48 posts in this topic

Bohemia did a twitch stream a while back, explaining everything that you need to know. Too bad they don't keep their past broadcasts saved on twitch.

Edit : There is also a hands on tutorial that shows you how to do things on screen in the editor if you click on the top right button that says "tutorial"

Edited by GR8

Advertisement

Would be nice though, if it were possible, but I'm afraid it's manual labour if you want to place stuff in Eden, you'll have to open your .sqm afterwards and convert it into SQF code. I remembered a script that could do this once, place all your stuff in the editor, preview the mission, use your scrollwheel and export objects to SQF (Copy code to clipboard), might still have it, will check when I get home :)

• Like 1

Until someone makes a plugin for exporting SQF's this is how i've been handling it:

• Create your eden project, i recommend using Compot as well (excellent plugin which provides a GUI for all available buildings/items)
  • Once you're done, save and open the debug console and run "[] call BIS_fnc_3DENExportOldSQM;"
  • Alt-tab and paste this into a new .sqm
  • Run SilentMapConverter in the same directory as the .sqm you've created
  • You've now created an .sqf you can include in your server-side pbo

Note: sometimes not all items will place perfectly - I find it helpful to re-open the generated .sqm in the old 2d editor, allowing you to make appropriate adjustments before converting it to the .sqf

Edited by Alexander
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm not worried about how to place items. I'd like to know how to export it for use on the server. Does anyone know if m3editor works with it?

Still works the same as before.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains how we can make our custom map content with the new eden editor?

I've been playing around on it and have been testing things out on a local server. Got the basics as such sorted. Such as the spawn locations parachute spawns, safezones and traders themseleves working. Only basic for now. Since i have spent the last 2 days working on how it all works in eden. I am planning on making a tutorial to explain this and what certain things you have to do as well. Does require some slight changes to things but its easy once you have done it.

But for the time being am making it all basic then implementing things as i go along. 

On 19.2.2016 at 2:45 PM, Alexander said:

Until someone makes a plugin for exporting SQF's this is how i've been handling it:

• Create your eden project, i recommend using Compot as well (excellent plugin which provides a GUI for all available buildings/items)
  • Once you're done, save and open the debug console and run "[] call BIS_fnc_3DENExportOldSQM;"
  • Alt-tab and paste this into a new .sqm
  • Run SilentMapConverter in the same directory as the .sqm you've created
  • You've now created an .sqf you can include in your server-side pbo

Note: sometimes not all items will place perfectly - I find it helpful to re-open the generated .sqm in the old 2d editor, allowing you to make appropriate adjustments before converting it to the .sqf

That works but all Objekts are x10 :D
Server FPS is by 1 :$

Don´t know why.

SQM http://pastebin.com/QhNGe33f
SQF http://pastebin.com/8rNsjhzq

Edited by Bombur

Advertisement