GamersRoost

Use same character table on many maps

29 posts in this topic

I would like to add the ability for my players to have their character data available on multiple servers.

I have a Cherno server for instance, and some players like to switch to my Lingo server and have the same gear/poptabs/respect.

Anyone doing this?

P.s. - I have thought about the players getting loot or gear / poptabs on one server then logging on the other for easy play. I'm not sure with my player base currently that would be an issue (Average 9).

Thanks!

you can make a second server use the same DB, but this includes everything including bases and vehicles and then they spawn on odd positions. i think a sql query run every so often could do what you want, but im a sql noob =D

Advertisement

make 2 exile databases, drop the character table from your secondary database. Configure your secondary server to connect to the primary database when it needs to do any character related things using the exile custom code block in the mission file.

or, better yet (easier expansion for more servers in your 'hive') make 3 exile db's, drop the character table from the primary and secondary dbs; drop everything except the character in the tertiary db. configure both servers to use the the same mission file that has been modified using the exile custom code block to connect to the tertiary db for character related operations. (actually now that I think about it, most of this code you will want in your own custom @exile_server so as to not share your tertiary db password in plaintext inside the mission file)

There are also ways to do it right from sql and not have to edit the mission files at all, but that is above my experience, I just know it's possible. (and you might run into issues of writing data when using just sql)

Edited by wasti
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

I will check on the primary key relationship and see what "Required" to get that 3rd central dump going. I may just dump out the character data to a central store on "last logoff time". Ill see what i can figure out.

Thanks again guys!

[RESOLVED]

Advertisement